HELP!

I'm retiring out of the military and I'm dying to move to Trinidad & Tobago. .

Hi Sat,

Welcome on board :)

Please feel free to post your questions for better guidance and maybe let us know how can we possibly help you :)

Thank you

Maximilien

Where's the best place to live.  I want land.  I plan on having kids. Sounds neive but I just want  to live in t&t.

What paperwork is needed?

Wow thats great am from london just recently came to trinidad loveing it i love takeing care of kids az got  pSsion 4 kids

You will need to get a residence permit which will require you to have a home and be permanently living in Trinidad so unless you have relatives in Trinidad, you can live with while you apply through immigration, you will need to buy a house or land to build one on. This is not a quick process Trinidad is notoriously slow when it comes to government offices. You can get a work permit to begin with if you are planning to work and can find a local employer willing to sponsor you for work but it must be in a demand field where there are no locals to take the job.

Unless you know Trinidad well or have family there I would stick to living in the same areas as most expats initially, St,. Clair, Maraval, West Moorings, Trincity are all places to start out in and once you are more familiar with the country you can feel free to venture further afield. It depends what you prefer close to the city and in a safe gated community with pool and tennis courts, or your own house and land in a more rural area or suburban setting. 

Land is not cheap neither is house building most basic ready built houses range from $250000(US) upwards in a decent area.

Forgot to mention I grew up in Trinidad and was educated there but was born in London.  I still visit though and have family and property there though I live permanently in the UK. Its got a great educational system and the people are friendly its a great place to live as long as you have a good source of income to support yourself.