Is it safe to work in Manama, Bahrain?

Hi im an Interior Designer here in the Philippines. And i have an offer as a Design & Sales Cosultant. I will be working in Shomeli. Should anyone know Shomeli Furniture there in Manama, Bahrain? Is it safe to work and live there? I have a 2years contract and they offered me 1500 USD so prolly 565.50 BD. Can someone tell me if its too small as a Designer?

Looking forward for your feedback! Thank you! :)

Hi

Of course it is safe in Manama, no need to worry.  You will love Bahrain for sure.

hopefully someone else will advice you about the offer

good luck

[Moderated]

Hi there,

Its safe to work in Bahrain.
In fact Bahrainis are very friendly and welcoming.
I have lived and worked in several Middle Eastern countries and Bahrain is probably the most open minded nation of all the gulf region.
There are many expats living here, so i guess that indicates some stability.
Some would say that, the Country has change and the expat community is smaller... that is no doubt; The social up-rest 2 years ago did not help the Country's economy and many people flew out to neighbour nations, specially families with kids.

The salary depends a lot on your professional experience and qualifications.  Rents here are not very cheap compared to your country, so many share apartments.
The offer I would consider a mid range offer for the market here.  In the UAE the offer would be higher but then so as the expenses, around double from Bahrain.
See if you can negotiate some extra benefits, such as 1 ticket per year to the Philippines and access to health insurance.

Good luck

Hi,

Shomeli has two branches, one in east riffa near my house and second in Arad.

Both are safe areas for living and working.

You will be in reach for all services in both areas.

Also Shomeli is known to design beautiful furniture.

I will be buying my set from them soon.

Cleom wrote:

nikatijing, two ladies from this forum wrote fantastic Guide for new expats in Bahrain.

I'm sure Brightonguy will be happy to know he just has been turned into a lady :p

:dumbom:

Hi to all!
I'm Catie from Philippines, I also have a job offer to Bahrain. I've read that working and living in Bahrain is safe, just want to know if up to this time, is it still safe and good to live and work there? :)

Does anybody know this company?
Sunlight Interiors & Exhibitions SPC
P.O. Box 21546, Manama,
Kingdom of Bahrain

I hope to meet good people/friends when I arrive there.
Thank you...

Olivier-France wrote:
Cleom wrote:

nikatijing, two ladies from this forum wrote fantastic Guide for new expats in Bahrain.

I'm sure Brightonguy will be happy to know he just has been turned into a lady :p

:dumbom:

I am saying nothing. I am brightonguy.

:lol:

I am saying nothing. I am brightonguy.

:lol:

I really like the humour on this forum !! :P

Hi,

The comment from Rafael is very good and honest. I have only been hear for under a year and agree with him.

As he mentioned you should enquire about added benefits.
If you can get a housing allowance thrown in it will make all the difference.

Regards,
Norbert

Reputated company..its okk

Its safe to work here in manama, however, make sure the contract is clear

nikatijing wrote:

Hi im an Interior Designer here in the Philippines. And i have an offer as a Design & Sales Cosultant. I will be working in Shomeli. Should anyone know Shomeli Furniture there in Manama, Bahrain? Is it safe to work and live there? I have a 2years contract and they offered me 1500 USD so prolly 565.50 BD. Can someone tell me if its too small as a Designer?

Looking forward for your feedback! Thank you! :)

Hey there as I mentioned in your other post , 560 BD is good as far as other benefits too are provided like accommodation, transportation, travel tickets to home etc !

So if benefits are given I suggest you come down to Bahrain instead of UAE , as UAE is gonna be costly for you !

About Shomeli Furniture am gonna ask my local friend over there and let you know :)

Till then I suggest you come to Bahrain  :top:

The original post is about one and half years old!
Not sure if the recent responses would mean a lot now.

very safe but low salaries

very safe but low salaries, the salary you got as offer is good comparing to too many other laces advice to accept

Hi Catie, Yes of-course Bahrain is safe

Very old thread gentlemen.

good day,

its absolutely safe to work in Bahrain . no questions about that .

as to the salary, it depends largely on your experience and how much can you add to the firm, and you can always renegotiate it .

your offer letter/contract must clarly state the complet package:

- your accomodation
- transports, will it be provided by company, or if their  is an allowance .
- medical coverage, if any , etc ..

on a different note, i wouldn't worry so much for as long as you have the Philippines embassy readily available for you ant any time. they can and will take care of you at any difficult situation.

best of lucks,

raoof