Maldives Labor Laws for Expats (Women)

Hi All,

Im a newbie in this forum. I have a boyfriend who is also an expat here in the Maldives. We are both single and never been married.

I just learned that Im pregnant. Is pregnancy outside marriage (for expats) here in the Maldives a big issue? Or can I still continue working?

Please let me know the legal actions I/We have to face or what is the best option we both could do.

Would appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot.

Confused_Expat

its ok ...do not worry...I met many local girls with pregnancy outside marriage who are seeking for antenatal care..
Its fine here...just take care of your health :)

are you planning to give birth to you child in maldives? if not you do not have any problems. But being an expat i do not think, it is an issue to have a baby without marriage. I knew a lot of people who got pregnant while working in maldives, but they all went home for delivery.

cheers
mooch

It drprnds on your employer. If he compsny uour eorking fot is a foreign ckmpanybas well then 80% allowed or its ok eith them but you need to go home by then. airline companies only allows you to fly 7months prrgnant. Incases of miscarriage (God forbids). Hospitals has the right to say no, they cant help you.

Hope this helps