Functionality in Kenya of television purchased in the US

I'm relocating to Nairobi this winter, and haven't been able to confirm whether or not my television, which I purchased in the US in 2013 (Samsung LED) will work in Nairobi. I understand I will need a step-up converter for it, but I'm unsure if the issues with broadcasting signals still exist since I believe Kenya moved over to digital at the end of last year. Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated!

fwhite2014 wrote:

I'm relocating to Nairobi this winter, and haven't been able to confirm whether or not my television, which I purchased in the US in 2013 (Samsung LED) will work in Nairobi. I understand I will need a step-up converter for it, but I'm unsure if the issues with broadcasting signals still exist since I believe Kenya moved over to digital at the end of last year. Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated!

Better to buy  TV there.No guarantee yours will arrive safely either or if customs will tax you on it.

better buy here! its true! you dont know  how long & if it will arrive here safe plus The taxes @the customs check might scare you off!!