Seeking good Hair Salon in Bangkok

My hairdresser in Bangkok has recently left to go work in Dubai so I am on the hunt for a new one.. I am an expat living in Bangkok.. looking for someone who does good blonde highlights and cut.. central Bangkok if poss I live on Sukhumvit near Soi 8

Welcome to expag blog, Pingu!
I hope you'll soon find a replacement then!
Cheers

Siam Paragon Center

I think it's on the 2nd floor or 3rd, nevermind... u'll find it!

Search no more!.... at least my search is over.

Chetta lifestyle salon is the one.
Just got my hair colored and cut. Result: before looked 50+, now looks 30+ (of cos I'm not going to tell you my age)
She is very good. Normally i got in my previous color or touch-up = able to see the joint line between my old and newly colored hair. for her, you can't even tell the difference.... so natural. The cut is perfect, never ever image my hair can look so good and needless to say I too look so good all along :)
My friend jumped with joy after her hair straightening.

How can we express our satisfaction other than given her a big big hug (only for ladies, men no no this is thailand) and recommend her more business.

Check sites.google.com/site/chettasalon for more details or call 023982994, 0859348427

Hi.

This post is probably coming very late but could benefit others.
My wife always swears by only one shop: The hair salon at the entrance of emporium from the skytrain.

Hi,

There's a hair salon in Sukhumvit Soi 10 behind Cozy at Ten, the name of the salon is Khun Tubtim.

They also do great waxing for a cheap price, they have been in business for over 20 years now :) Hope this helps!

Sabina

There's a place on Suk 33 called TakeCare, that I've heard really good things about. I'm actually going there tomorrow so I'll let you know if they're any good! I think they have another one by the same people on Soi 19, too.

I'd go to Johny Live on Soi 23. He knows his stuff, understands what you are talking about, when you wanna try new things and he takes his handwork very very seriously. I've never had anything less than perfect from Johny. His website is> [Moderated: no free advert]

Cant recommend it enough. Prices are fair and on top of that, he is a lovely, lovely person.

Anya

Finding a good hairdresser in Bangkok, for men at least, is not that easy indeed. I usually go to Lotus Rama 4 in Bangkok.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum please]

The CORNER SALON in Bangkok Silom Area is a popular salon with Expats in Bangkok, its not super glitzy or big, kinda the hole in the wall style - but its popular and all my fem friends go there too.

I agree its really hard to find english speaking hair dressers in Bangkok. Even harder to find ones that can actually do the job you have in your mind. But to be fair, you cant really expect them to speak perfect english or match Western standards. Thailand has never been colonized and its still 3rd world - so you have to be realistic.

I always take a few pictures in to the hairdressers with me to help get my point across, they appreciate that too as its them that get the hardest job dealing with us - the awkward foreigner expecting cheap prices and western standards.

I like this Salon in Bangkok Silom cos the owner speaks good english and has better brand name products that i just cannot find in other salons.

They do ammonia free colors too - which i'm a big fan of.
And last week i got Brazilian Keratin treatment there - they seem to be the only salon in all of Bangkok doing it. SO that says a lot in my book.

I go to my hairdresser who is from Hong Kong, his name is Joe, the Pink Salon is on the left hand side of Rumrudee when you walk past the Conrad Residence, BTS station is Ploenchit.  He speaks perfect English and has many years of experience.

Why not do a search at TT first (advanced search > keyword search) ??? There you could find many answers to this well known question...

Hi, I respect the positive review about Johnny Johny Live the hairdresser from Scottland on soi 23. However, I had a terrible experience with him and later met other people in a similar situation.

My experience was simply horrible. He put tons of dark color on my light hair, leaving uncolored patches and then cut it unevenly. I ended up having to fix it somewhere else. He charges a lot of money too! 4,500 baht or 150 USD -that's a lot of money in Bangkok if you think that most color would cost around 1,500 (50 USD) and most cuts around 300 baht (10 USD).

He spends a lot of time talking about his problems and how much he spends in the quality products he uses on his clients, he talks about his sex life, about his problems with random people on the street, about his need for money, about how he screams at Thai people, and he seems quite unstable. I was uncomfortable listening to all his dramas and he gave me the impression of being too anxious to earn his money that day.

Personally, I don't recommend him. His place is also filthy; the combs he uses have not been washed in a long time, the products he uses are quite cheap and look like they have been seating on his table for years. I really think he is awful. Thanks, but not for me.

this saloon is not bad - Fento Saloni
16/2 silom 3 < soi Pipat >  Tel 02 233 2831

Staying in bangkok for almost 5 years, my best salon is Chetta Lifestyle Salon.
They are very experience in farang hair and understand what you want.
Prices are good and quality... tip top!!! :)

Hey there is a brand new salon designed for expats and westerners living or traveling to Bangkok. its got all the brands and latest things like Brazilian keratin, hair extensions, organic amonia free colour etc etc. and supposedly good value for money compared to UK or USA prices.

Here is the youtube vid of the place
http://youtu.be/pO09ArdP8gw

And its in a very cool place with a robot restaurant so i believe. Goodluck Folks!

It's great to see such a good discussion on the best salons in Bangkok.  I'd like to add my recommendation for Hair By Phonatip, which is a full-service salon located close to the Phaya Thai BTS Station (only a couple stops from Siam).

Khun Phonatip has been doing my hair for the past six years.  I've followed him from when he worked in Siam, then Central World and now at his own salon.

I can't say enough about the great job he's done on my hair cuts and styling, color, highlights and digital perms.  Several of my friends always go to him for straightening and rebonding when they are in Bangkok as the prices are much lower here.

He speaks perfect English so we always know the he understands what we want.  And he's just such a great guy to talk to.  His new salon has free wifi so I bring my iPad.

I'm sure you will love his work as much as I do.  Have a great day. :)

Fore sure best hair salon are in Sukhumvit !

106 Studio in SUkhumvit Soi 39

The price is a bit pricey at around 800 Baht coz it runs by Japanese.
but the quality !!

I recommend you to cut with the owner "Tenjo" her skill is awesome..

[Moderated]

My favorite shop is  " Never Say Cut" but they are good for male haircut. The other salon which I like is Japanese salon one at Sukhumvit Living Town Condo at Asoke. Japanese and Thai hairdressers are friendly, nice and warm welcome.

I've tried 4-5 salons in Bangkok over the years and have been quite un happy with the service, as some have mentioned above Jonny Live was bad in my experience and charged me a lot of money to mess up my hair, as did a few others above, in the end after having one REALLY bad colour a friend recommended me to go to Anderson Salon in Soi Ruamrudi 2 to get it fixed. The owner/stylist fixed it with no trouble, and charged me very little, I've been getting my hair cut and coloured with her for the past 2 years now and would recommend anyone to go there.

She has a website, andersonsalon.com and a beautifully quiet and relaxing salon, speaks perfect English and spends a lot of time talking about my hair before she even goes near it.

AND she's half the price of everywhere else!

Help.
I am seeking a Master at Hair Dressing.   Someone who speaks English well, listens to what I am wanting, and is fabulous at colour correcting and & restyling. I am from AustraliaI and will be travelling to Bangkok (staying in Sukhumvit area) in August.  Does anyone have personal experience regarding this.  All suggestions and advise will be appreciated.  (I have been looking at Johny Live but have recently found a few bad reviews - now I'm not so sure).

corner hair salon will look after you

Best salon in Bangkok for expats in my opinion is Zenred - They are always full of Westerners and Expats and have a very good facebook page where you can check out the reviews and see before and after pics of work they do.  facebook.com/zenredhairsalonbangkok they speak English, understand curly and wavy hair and can do killer blonde highlites, hair extensions and everything else.

Hi dannyboyo > advertising is not allowed on the forum. I would invite you to recommend this salon in the business directory. Thank you

Anderson and Panipa for the win!

Hi Bruuki,

I am looking to get some highlights done in Bangkok. I was wondering where you ended up getting your hair done and how it went?! Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Thanks

Brand New salon in Sukumvit 13 has just opened, They did a very good job of Balayage/ombre highlights on my friend, and i treated myself to Brazilian Keratin blowout and hair extensions. Dead easy to find just 100 meters down and on the left - Its called Zahara Salon. You can book an appointment here: facebook.com/zaharasalonbangkok

I am also seeking a good hair dresser ! I arrived in Bangkok three weeks ago and my hair needs colour and cut, but am afraid not to find a good salon. Very much in need of advice. ! Thank you

Hi everyone,

@ Troch- Please note that this thread is outdated, there is a risk of getting no response.

It's better to create a new thread on Bangkok forum.

Thank you

Stéphanie

Thanks Stephanie !

ndefontenay: Does your wife have short hair? If so, can you please find out the name of the stylist she goes to? We just arrived and I've seen very few good short cuts here. Thanks!

I always go to Zenred salon in Rama 3, i absolutely love it there because they are really good about color, International hair types and do fantastic Brazilian keratin work, infact a lot of expats go there because its designed specifically for travelers.

Another really good salon is Zahara in Sukumvit 13, they also have some great products, good at highlites and blondes and is easy to get too if Zenred is too far for you.

Thank you jennyadara I have been to Zenred and I agree with you ! They did a good job, so I will be going back for sure !!!

Thanks jennyadara i'm looking forwards to trying out Zahara Salon in Sukumvit 13, its very close to where i live and looks pretty good in their website for color and highlights, Not easy finding the best hair salon in Bangkok for my hair type, i have always gone to zenred and they are excellent, but i fancy a change...

I know this thread has been inactive for a while but I found another good salon for westerners and may as well throw it in the mix.
facebook.com/savannahairnailsalonbangkok]www.facebook.com/savannahairnailsalonbangkok
a few footsteps from the BTS Skytrain station Ploenchit, they speak English too.

Hello, I am looking for a hair salon to work as a haircare consultant. I used to work with chemical and treated Western hair which using natural products. I understand well how different between Western and Asian hair. I speak English fluently and able to communicate well with foreigner customers.

I can vouch for Zahara Salon I have been going there for the last 18 months and they are great. Staff speak english if you need, and will give a full quote (very reasonable!) before starting so you won't be surprised by the cost at the end.

I agree with with sarahc - zahara salon in sukhumvit 13 are excellent when it comes to blonde balayage, highlights etc. The girls are a lot of fun and seem to be very experienced with Western hair.

On Jennys recommendation i checked out Savanna salon at Mahatun Plaza. Right next to BTS ploenchit, there is also a lovely little nail bar upstairs that do quite affordable gel nails and have these great electronic massage chairs you can use while having a foot pedicure. I also did a QOD brazilian keratin hair treatment there a few days ago and my hair feels sooo good right now, my hair goes crazy in this humidity and always feels so dry, now its smooth as silk...
If zahara are fully booked give them a try, the main stylist spoke pretty good english and very talented at styling, the best cut i think i have had yet and only 550 baht.
I mentioned i was a bit hungry and are there any good restaurants around? Immediately they offered me a menu to order spanish food from Osito which is a few doors up, it was brought right to my salon chair by the waiter in about 5 minutes lol. Very nice touch indeed...

Zenred in rama 3 are still really good too, especially for blonde work and they do some stunning hair extensions. A bit pricey sometimes but have fixed my hair from a complete dissaster when i didnt know who else to go to.

Decent cuts around town seem to be creeping upto 800-1200 baht. Zenred still do haircuts for 450-500 which is quite good considering you may need a taxi to get there or you pay a bit more for color work.

Loads of specialized Bangkok salons for expats to try nowdays. Certainly not like 10 years ago, those were hard times..