Non EU spouse - working/living in malta

hello all,

I am a maltese national  and i wish to have my lebanese partner with me in malta to work and live.

does anyone have information on all the processes involved and which paths we can take?

hi

i am from Egypt living in shanghai,china, which kind of partner you looking for ?

Sam

Hello Sam  :cheers:

faustarp meant his current life partner, he wants information how a non EU spouse can come to live with him in Malta!

I guess you did not quite well understood the post right? :D

Do you have any information about this?

Regards
Kenjee

Hi faustarp,

I missed your question when you originally posted it. Sorry. So I'm not sure if an answer is still relevant.

From what I know the partner (not married) of a Maltese citizen as in your situation can only apply for temporary residence ( without the right to work) in Malta or get residence through a work permit.

The Freedom of Movement Act does not apply to Maltese citizens ( as there was no movement from one state to another with a partner).

You should contact the Department for Citizenship and Expatriate Affairs) to discuss your options.

@ Sam. In a recent post you stated that you wanted to move to Switzerland with your Chinese wife so I'm not sure what your post on the Malta forum has to mean?

Cheers
Ricky

hello kin jee

greetings,

yeah you right, i have do misunderstanding, many apologizes

sam