Border queues

If I worked shifts in Gib does this mean I would miss the peak time queues getting in via car?

There are no peak times

The queues are randomly disrupted by the mentally challenged Spanish politicians.

Was that a heated response or is it true?
For example, if i had a shift of 11.00 pm to 5.00 am would there be a border queue?

tonyri wrote:

Was that a heated response or is it true?
For example, if i had a shift of 11.00 pm to 5.00 am would there be a border queue?

The queues tend to be worse at normal rush hour times, but that does not preclude problems at any time of day or night.

The length of time is not necessarily proportionate to the number of people / vehicles in the queue.

Hmm, thats not good, thanks GOB. :/

If only the Spanish Politicians realised how puerile they looked.

Do they actually care how puerile they look. I think not.

I come in and out of Gib at varying times, and have only sometimes been caught in a bad queue. Otherwise I usually drive straight in, and maybe queue for between 5 mins and 45 mins tops to get out.But yes, it does depend on the timing.
In my opinion, if, for example, your shift is coming into Gib for 11pm start and leaving Gib at 5am then I wouldn't expect you to have too much of a problem. However, leaving Gib at 11pm there might be a queue, especially on a Fri night. Have a look at the webcam [Moderated: Link is not working] at different times for a week or so, and you'll see what everyone on this blog means.

The link doesnt work but thanks for the feedback.
The work will be in betting IT 24/7 so I really dont know the shifts.

tonyri wrote:

The link doesnt work but thanks for the feedback.
The work will be in betting IT 24/7 so I really dont know the shifts.

This will work
http://www.frontierqueue.gi/split-view-cam.aspx

Also read
http://www.gbc.gi/news/3881/june-worst- … der-queues

This is great cheers, looks free at mo. :top:

stumpy wrote:

Do they actually care how puerile they look. I think not.

Interesting I have always enjoyed looked puerile myself as it quickly unmasks those around me.

Right then, Ill stick to the same thread, Can I get through the border faster on a scooter?  Travelling from Sotogrande as an example.

I assumed puerile meant silly so i googled it and wasnt far off eh.

tonyri wrote:

Right then, Ill stick to the same thread, Can I get through the border faster on a scooter?  Travelling from Sotogrande as an example.

There is no definitive answer.

It depends on what instructions have been issued by Madrid and these change from hour to hour.

You are not looking at normal traffic flow congestion but at political bloody minded economic attacks.

Scooters were the favoured transport means of Spanish cigarette smugglers and as such came under more scrutiny.

Silly would be to think they didnt care about looking childish.

Yep, its annoying.

You will notice that each question creates another one.
I read somewhere on here that there is a carpark at the border.
So, can i drive my car from Sotogrande, park the car at the border, then cycle to gib centre each day?

Yes

But again cycles have to queue with motorcycles

Why not walk from the frontier?

Many people do

That was my last option, I feel worn out already.

Just seen the border cam and last car just out ha unbelivable.

Thanks Grumpy

What you must remember is approx 10,000 people cross into Gib each day to work and they have to accept these queues because no one seems willing to riot.

But the simple answer is to live in Gib which although rent is more expensive may be more economical when travel costs and time are considered.

Whilst I have spent many a pleasant week in Spain there is a dark backward side thinly veiled. The Spanish people are generally lovely however those in power often suffer monorchidism like so many generals / politicians the world over.

Well, Ive done my research and will have a gud think, and look for opportunities.
thanks all.

tonyri wrote:

If I worked shifts in Gib does this mean I would miss the peak time queues getting in via car?

The estimated time for cars to cross into Spain at midnight last night was 2 hours

I noticed on cams queues looked ok last week but unpredictable as you say earlier.
Where did u get that stat please Grumpy?

GBC News @GBCNewsroom  11 July ( But I believe for the night of the 10th )

At midnight, @RGPolice were forecasting a 2 hour wait for those crossing frontier into #Spain. Automated system said 1hr at 00.15

Also

Royal Gib Police @RGPolice

#GibFrontier 6 lanes of traffic with the holding area full. EQT is 2 hours
Expand

10 Jul
Royal Gib Police @RGPolice

#GibFrontier 6 lanes of traffic with the holding area half full. EQT is 2 hours.

Could be a final turn of the screw till "proportionate checks" kick in - whenever that is.

Not until the Spanish have been given a " Bloody Nose "

They do not understand law,diplomacy, negotiation or human rights

Might be fluke but Ive noticed Thursday evening is always busy.  Ill be watching cams.

Actually the Spanish workers in GIB should be screened for English literacy by employers as they are very irritating but presumably cheaper ?