Visiting Visa is a valid visa to search job in NewZealand

Hi All,

Is it possible to search job or attend interviews in NewZealand on Visiting Visa?
Will companies shortlist my profile, If I apply for any job on Visiting Visa?
Searching job or attending interviews on Visiting Visa is legal or ill legal?

Please help me on above queries.

Regards,
Laxminarayana

Laxminarayana wrote:

Hi All,

Is it possible to search job or attend interviews in NewZealand on Visiting Visa?

Regards,
Laxminarayana

You can search for jobs whilst visiting but you cannot work at all. If you apply for a job and get accepted you will have to return to your home country for visa application. Companies prefer that you have the correct visa before you apply for work. It is expansive and time consuming for companies to apply for a visa on your behalf.

I am sure for one thing, there is no need to go back to your country and apply for work visa from there.
Unless or until you don't have a "LIMITED VISA" you can get a work visa while being in NZ only
as long as your employer is ready to support you and have genuine reasons .

stumpy wrote:
Laxminarayana wrote:

Hi All,

Regards,
Laxminarayana

You can search for jobs whilst visiting but you cannot work at all. If you apply for a job and get accepted you will have to return to your home country for visa application. Companies prefer that you have the correct visa before you apply for work. It is expansive and time consuming for companies to apply for a visa on your behalf.

Hi Gourav,

Thanks for your reply. I have a query to ask you. If I come to New Zealand on Visiting Visa to search job, Any company will offer a job to me?

Thanks,
Laxminarayana

Laxminarayana wrote:

Hi Gourav,

Thanks for your reply. I have a query to ask you. If I come to New Zealand on Visiting Visa to search job, Any company will offer a job to me?

Thanks,
Laxminarayana

Companies will only offer you a job if you fit their criteria regarding applicants abilities, qualifications etc.

Agree with Stumpy, Try contacting Recruitment companies and meet them personally. they might be able to convince an employer better than you ...

stumpy wrote:
Laxminarayana wrote:

Hi Gourav,

Thanks,
Laxminarayana

Companies will only offer you a job if you fit their criteria regarding applicants abilities, qualifications etc.