Query on 1 month expense

Hi,

Am coming to Bahrain on end of August, still I get my first month pay, 1 month I need to manage single. Could you please advise me how much Bhd, I need to bring could be sufficient for 1 month. Am planning to stay in a room preferable or 1 room apartment. Kindly advise

Also check with you guys, how about the payment is it monthly or bi-monthly.

Regards

Anton

Hi Anton
Salaries are paid monthly here. You could ask for a cash advance when you get here. Companies normally do that for first timers.

Is the company providing accommodation during the first couple of weeks? You should ask for this. It is standard practice. And if they do, then your cash out flow for the first month will be mainly for food and transport. I would say about BD100 to 150 at the most. Once you settle down you will be cooking at home and costs will be manageable.

Let us know if you have any more questions. Look forward to welcoming you to Bahrain.

Thanks a lot man.

Make sure you push your company to cover your costs. They won't if they think they will get away with it.

Ask for accommodation, transport and relocation costs if you can. You should get paid monthly but a lot of companies differ so double check that as well