Casa linda

Anybody have any experience with using caribbean dream home management as a management company for casa linda villas? Any other options and what are the maintenance fees for casa linda area

I am sure Bob will know something!

Do you own a  home in Casa Linda?

They have their own management company there.  The fees vary by size and phase.

Bob K

HI
I know first hand what their fees are.Basically sub division fees are the same for everybody,roughly $290.00 USD. a month.Admin.fees $25.00,Water $25.00,Pool and Garden $115.00,Internet $30.00, Cable $17.00,Electricity for June was $10.00,Taxes$70.00.Fumigation $12.00.So if you do the math it equals $600.00 USD a month.
Now let me clear Bob is right,these fees vary from villa to villa.My villa does not get rented,my pool is empty as it leaks 6 to 8 inches of water daily and I have a flat rate water fee as noted above.I cannot justify wasting that much water so I drained until I can get it fixed.Which will not happen until at least the middle of next year.

Everything in my villa is covered in poly or sheets until my arrival, to resume renovations.So the question every one wants to know are you f---ing crazy!!Why don't you rent it.Well the answer for me is simple LESS HEADACHES.All your fees rise dramatically,Admin,Elec.etc.But the killer here is the Taxes RCL takes 20% and the government takes18% your pool and garden and maid service will be easy $400.00 a month.So one really has to study their monthly statement,which I might add is not a easy to understand as their accounting system leaves a lot to be desired.So lets get back to topic,for me I find it easier to budget for.I have a hard number at roughly $600.00 US per month,which adds up to $7200.00 US per year which is manageable at this time.

So her I sit in Calgary,oh the weather has been fantastic,that doesn't get said very often,what the F----k did I get myself into,well I think that short term.Long term thinking,like late next year things will start to improve financially for me and hopefully my vacation home will finally be just that.Hope this helps!

Cheers Ron

Ron good luck on your plans.  They sound reasonable but even with the "crazy" fees those folks that do rent do end up putting a fair amount in there pocket.  Enough that most pay for a couple of trips a year from their "rental incomes"

BObK

BOB Thanks for the response but your mistaken those folks do not make anything for their pockets.And they work hard to pay for those couple of trips per year.If you have know first hand that some some folks in RCL actually make a profit from rental income,then you are being mislead.IT is not possible,I rented and ended up paying more to RCL.I know I own in phase one,and have had this discussion with other owners in that phase.

If perhaps you are correct then I can only surmise some palms are getting greased and mighty greased at that.I am patiently waiting for my dislende, a few more upgrades then sell it for a more reasonable locale.

That being said this whole endeavor has been quite the learning experience.I know in time I will get better.I tip my hat to all expats from Canada and the US that have made the transition to the DR.How you people live down there simply amazes me.I could not live there full time,in a country that is so fuked up.

I mean no power,no water on daily basis not for me.I grew up in that situation My mother washing clothes on a wash board,no flush toilet,using candles as a light source.I cannot in all honesty regress to that deplorable life again.I have too many aunts and uncles that inform what it was like in the old days.

No disrespect to the Planner,but you lost power for three days and complained constantly before power was restored.I do not know or care to know what back up power is,a inverter ,battery back up for a few hours.This is all so forgotten,and i want to keep it that way,just ask my aunts!!! Cheers Ron

Ron you are correct the DR is not for everyone which is why always suggest that if you are planning of thinking of moving here you come for a couple of months and "live" here to see if it fits before making the plunge.  For my wife and I we have been here full time ( I have been back in the states 44 days in the last 8 years and 10 of those were recently to help my mom who was having surgery) and we have not looked back for a second.  A lot also depends on your finances.  If you have to work here to survive then it will be a tough go. If you come to retire (like we did) with financial support then it is much easier.  We Never are with out electric (have a back up generator), Never with out water (community has a private well), Never want for much nor do we miss much from the US.  It all depends like I said if the country "fits" for you or not.

Second we have a few clients who purchased in CL.  No it is not all that it is promised and there is some construction problems with the newer villas but all of our clients are putting some money in their pockets.

Yes planner did lose her power for 3 days but that is a rare occurrence and she did well with it. Sometimes sh*t happens.  When we lived in Colorado (suburb of Denver in the foothills) we lost our power for 7 days due to a snowstorm and that is in the modern world.  So it does happen.

I do hope your experiences improve.  We live close to you so let us know if there is anything we can do to help you out.

Bob K

Bob
Thanks for the reply,and  believe me I will get back to you for some advice.So you have clients that have purchased in CL.Are you aware of the home owners group?It just started about 3 months ago,can only access if you own there.It is in facebook groups.There are a few owners who are not that pleased with CL rental program.

You seem to know quite a lot of whats happening at CL.I have seen the new construction practices and I am not impressed will the new wall assemblies.You say you have clients,which leads me to believe you have some kind of business.Maybe  sometime next year I can use your services,if I know what they are.

Cheers! Ron

Ron we used to sell real estate (for 6 years) and have clients that have bought in there.  The last one actually was just completed this month, or will be.  So yes we do know the area and actually live close by.

Currently we work with private clients as well as monitor construction on occasion.  We are actively trying to "retire" again.

Bob K

Hi, I have owned a villa, ( which I adore), for about 8 yrs. now. I live in Connecticut.  Caribbean Dream Vacations is my rental management company and I can tell you that working with Caribbean Dream Vacations is a real pleasure. On a referral I switched some time ago from a previous rental management company since they weren't doing their job - one of the best decisions I made.  Peggy, the owner of the company, along with her business associate, Chantalle, make a great team. -  Extremely knowledgeable, helpful, professional, courteous and very easy to talk to providing exceptionally personal service. What I feel is also important is that Peggy really listens to the clients needs and wants taking as much time as needed to allow her clients to feel more than satisfied and secure in the fact that their getting what they want. The team is efficient and on-spot going above and beyond. Highly recommend.  Also, Casa Linda Residencial is a beautiful, tranquil, safe, place to be whether you live there or rent there with wonderful accomodations along with shuttles to take you where you want to be.  I find the residents and renters to be very friendly. Nice community.

Not sure if you are a sock puppet or not but welcome.

Bob K

Coming down Sunday in the flesh for 12 days to visit friends, no socks involved. Not nice.

Welcome to the forums!  We are always a bit hesitant when someone says everything is great, no problems  no issues!  Reality is there is always something here.  BUT, if in fact they are that good, I expect others will step in and agree.

No harm meant just a bit suspicious for a first time post. 

So I am sorry and welcome.

And yes with our current heat/drought you will need no socks and in fact very little clothes at all :D

Bob K

Clothing optional Bob?????   :o

In my house these days it is so hot...yes it is :D

Bob K

Bbakes
So you have owned a villa for eight years now.I am assuming it is in casa linda.And you rent it out through CDV.

May I ask what is there percentage charge per rental income?RCL percentage is way too high for my liking.But even if you rent your villa through an outside source RCL still takes 10% of your rental income.not to mention all their other fees,its win,win, for RCL.

Thanks Cheers RON

Hi, yes, I did fail to mention I own in Casa Linda.  I believe  it's 18%.

Thank you for that Planner and Bob.  My previous rental manager was ok in the beginning, but later hung me out to dry and left me in such a HUGE mess you wouldn't believe. Peggy, at CDV,  spent a real lot of time and energy helping me through that then found me a very nice long term renter. So yea, they're pretty good and I'm that grateful. Was just answering a question on this blog.  Thank you for making me feel welcome and sounds like not only will I be leaving my socks home, but many other clothes as well!  Can't wait to be in the DR again.

We have dealt with Peggy with multiple clients and all have been happy with her service.  She is one of the honest ones.

Bob K