Bahrain nursery/creche

My wife and I will be moving to Bahrain this Summer and will be working as teachers from 7:30am until approximately 3pm.  We have a baby boy who will be just about a year old when we start work, and we want to find a suitable creche or nursery.  We have seen some websites but I am keen to hear whether there are any recommendations or cautions about particular nurseries.  Any help much appreciated!!!

I don't have any experience with a nursery as I don't have a kid but I know some of my friends have maids looking after their kids when they are away.

Let us know how you get on with finding a nursing school here.

Good day

Firstly, good luck :) Our son is just over two years old and my wife is a teacher and I work regular business hours - it has taken us months to find a creche/nursery that can accommodate our hours.

Secondly, which school will you be teaching at?  I know my wife's school has a nursery facility until the child is 2yrs old, maybe ask them if they have something like that.

Thirdly, if you're still stuck, let me know - I have done a ton of research on this and can provide a long list for you :)

Good evening, have you had any luck with this our daughter will be 3 and will also be looking for afterschool care from 12.15 - 4.00?

Hi RayBoosen, we will be working at the BSB and they provide no creche facility - we're still having major issues with the childcare as the nurseries in Bahrain basically provide half a day of care, and we therefore need a nanny and probably a driver too.  If you have a list of places for us to consider that would be great.

Faith&Hope, there don't seem to be any nurseries near to where we will be that open past 12:00, so you will probably have to have a babysitter.  It is far from ideal, I'm just shocked that this is the case - surely these nurseries have had people ask for longer opening hours for a while...

SpaintoBahrain wrote:

Hi RayBoosen, we will be working at the BSB and they provide no creche facility - we're still having major issues with the childcare as the nurseries in Bahrain basically provide half a day of care, and we therefore need a nanny and probably a driver too.  If you have a list of places for us to consider that would be great.

Faith&Hope, there don't seem to be any nurseries near to where we will be that open past 12:00, so you will probably have to have a babysitter.  It is far from ideal, I'm just shocked that this is the case - surely these nurseries have had people ask for longer opening hours for a while...

This is something I have been saying for a long time.  But unfortunately, when you can pay a "nanny" less than £3 an hour, I guess no one is prepared to pay the costs of a full time nursery for their little ones and therefore there is no demand.  The majority of children in the nursery's here are not there because both their parents work, so again there is no demand for full time quality care.  Sad really.

I am in a very similar situation to 'spaintobahrain'. My husband and I are also moving to Bahrain with a child under one and require childcare 5 days a week whilst we work. Have you had any luck finding a suitable daycare centre?

I would also appreciate to hear a few childcare options!

No luck so far, we're resigned to having a nanny for the first year - it isn't ideal but there does not seem to be any other option.

Hi all mom and dad,
Am keeping children and infants less than 2years so if anyone wants help they can contact me as my home is very near to BSB.
So dear all think twice because your baby will be in safe hands and as a teacher will provide good learning skills to baby.
Looking forward if any one need my help.
Thank you

Hi All. There's a place called "Bambinos" in Seef - opposite the Fort. They are dual medium (eng/Arabic) and open from about 07:00-18:00.  The lady who owns the place is very friendly and from what we saw, the kids love it there.  You can find them on Facebook: "Bambino Daycare"

Thank you for the information.  Nawal ahmed could you please private message me with further information regarding the care that you offer.
Thanks