Watching F1 in bahrain

Hi,

Arriving in Bahrain mid June and I'm a big F1 fan, where and how can I watch F1 at home as and when I get a permanent residence and out and about (staying in juffair inially) ?

P.s is the comments in English if so sky or BBC?

Thanks

When you are out and about, you could watch the races at one of the many sports bars and expat clubs.

Once you settle down, you could sign up for satellite TV package that includes channels that cover these races. Not sure which channels show these races.

You can watch them online as well. You can't get Sky here via satellite. You can get over the internet via VPN and a Sky subscription you have in the UK. Same applies to BBC. You need a VPN to watch them online (such as BBC iPlayer, 4oD, ITV player etc.). A good VPN package I recommend is TunnelBear. There are many others around.

Are VPN's legal in Bahrain? Anyone had issues using them prior to now?

In addition to the channels mentioned above you can also view the F1 races on BIEN Sports (formerly Aljazera sports) and RTL Sports.

I checked this with an F1 crazy friend of mine.

Yes, they are legal in Bahrain. Some VPN websites may be blocked but the service works when you install the software that comes with your VPN package. I am using TunnelBear. Highly recommend it.

How much does tunnel bear cost or is it a free service?

Hi Gary,

There is a free service but limited to 500MB per month, more pricing options on the link below

https://www.tunnelbear.com/pricing/

T&R
Arjun

I use HMA which is very good. VPN's are not legal but nobody does anything about them. I download from the web and watch a few hours after the race ends as streaming isn't great here. Tunnelbear free is ok as listed above.

Thanks, where do you download the race from to watch later?

Torrents?

Hi,

We recently got Bein Sports Box installed specifically for F1 and The World Cup and it is excellent. The installers were professional and friendly, they were recommended to us by a few friends in Bahrain .

Is bein sports not fairly pricey?

Hi,

My husband thinks it is 105 bd per year but yes the initial outlay also includes 45 bd for the box then there is also the installation cost which is around 30 bd.

We are a sporting family of 5 so I reckon it will be well watched 😃

Do any of you follow the Football leagues? Rugby and Cricket?  We love sport and are desperate for a 'sporting' package.