Need urgent help regarding short term visa

Dear all,

I am an indian citizen and recently married to a hungarian citizen in India.

I have some queries how short term visa converted into residence permit

I am planning to apply for short term visa.
Recently she got invitation letter issued by hungarian embassy to send me and we have got my birth certificate and marriage certificate also registered at hungarian embassy in BP.

I will present this invitation letter to hungarian embassy in India. As per rules, invitation letter for visiting Hungarian/EU/EEA national family member in Hungary has to be endorsed by Hungarian public notary, consular officer or by two Hungarian/EU/EEA national witnesses.

A). Is it officially valid to get the signature of any hungarian citizen?
     Where shall the signature appear on the invitation letter?

B). regarding airticket, do I need to show the return ticket as well?
     Any body has experience with open ticket booking?
     does the open ticket booking not exceed the period of 90 days?

As per short term visa rules, I will get 90 days of visa to stay and then we will apply to     extend the permit.

Any suggestion/feedback will be appreciated.

Does anybody fly from india to hungary for short term visa/family reunification ?

Pls share your experience.

Thanks.
Cheers
Pjay

Hi,

For return ticket you need to just  show reservation, its not required confirmation. Regarding short term visa, i.e 90 days or 1 year depends what you are applying, if you are applying for family reunification it may vary on your partner status. I think so in your case since the girl is hungarian, you should be able to get longer visa. Please make sure or talk to embassy regarding type of visa you required. Since if you come on short term tourist visa or business visa it cannot be converted or extended. For family reunification you need to apply from india itself.

I hope I answered some of your question.

Kundan

Thanks Kundan for your kind reply.
I have been searching, if Hungary is providing family reunification visa.
Prior to India, I have studied and worked in Germany for 8 years and there I know that it was possible but in Hungary, the officials in India told to apply for type ,,C,, visa which is nothing but short term visa.

According to my wife, we will register our marriage at hungarian civic authority as soon as I arrived there and then they will issue residence card within 3 months.

Any experience to share regarding family reunification visa in Hungary?
I think thats the best way to go ahead but didnt found any proper information in this regard.
Even hungarian authority in India does not entertain any information with respect to visa terms.

Cheers

Well, In that case if they will issue long term visa based on your marriage over here. Its look fine. Its little different case for me. I am permanent resident over here and my mother and wife needed to apply directly from india for family reunification visa. It was clearly stated that, if they come on tourist visa i,e not more then 90 days stay, and try to apply or extent it over here, it is not possible. They call it D type visa, which has to be applied from your resident country.

Your case is different u are getting married to hungarian girl, so may be what your would be wife is saying is truth. :)

I hope it works out for you well.

I wish you luck

Kundan

Thanks Kundan.
Your feedback will help.

Cheers

Hi Kundan,

this will be bit new query wrt to my previous post of short term visa.
Would you please inform regarding D type visa, how your went through?

My queries are :
1) Do you need to show any particular amount in bank to embassy in India?
2) How long it will take to issue the visa in India by hungarian embassy?
3) My wife is Hungarian and our marriage took place in India. Which documents does she need to provide the local authority in Hungary?

I am updating due to rejection of my short term visa so just thought of this option.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Pjay

First of all if you are coming on d type visa, your wife needs to proviid following documents along with application form. Its take 21-28 days.

1. Your accommodation in Hungary,
2. Official translation of marriage certificate
3. Income proof of your wife
4. Income tax for 2013
5. 3 months salary statement.
4. copy of her Hungarian citizenship ( ID card )

All these documents along with your application. In embassy you need to go along with some picture of your wedding, plus card. And good information about Hungary and your wife.

I hope this will help you

Kundan

My queries are :
1) Do you need to show any particular amount in bank to embassy in India?
2) How long it will take to issue the visa in India by hungarian embassy?
3) My wife is Hungarian and our marriage took place in India. Which documents does she need to provide the local authority in Hungary?