Shoes tilapia leather, know any near by provider?

hi,

bought a pair of shoes in Thai made of tilapia.
Might be interested on flipping that sub-product and adding value.
Are you nearby a tilapia aquaculture biz ?

TO MODERATOR: THIS IS NOT AN AD

FYI for EB Members looking for Tilapia Skin Leather

Majority of the tanneries in the Philippines is located in Meycauayan, Bulacan. Meycauayan, a town about 12 miles (19 kms) north of Manila, is the tannery center of the Philippines. First established in 1903, there are now around 120 tanneries employing about 8,000 people in the area.

I am in contact and have a list of members of Tanneries, Machineries, Chemicals, Leather Services, Footwear and Leather Goods. Not to mention a huge list of tanneries specialized in Tilapia Skin which you are looking for.

Fish Leather is becoming popular now in the Philippines because of its motifs and its pigmentation. Mainly used for making shoes and bags, the fish skin is tanned like other animal skins. The species used include salmon, perch, sturgeon, etc. And we agree that Tilapia Skin as leather is less resistant than salmon and perch but is still exotic.

As to what I understand, you would like the "finish product" or the tanned leather to be sent to you and will be used for making your sandals (as strap material, topsoles, midsoles, bottom soles).

If you would like to know more about this send me a PM