Ugandan poverty

How will Uganda as a country address about the poverty issue?

When the rich and the politicians stop wheeling and dealing to suit their own greedy needs.
Perhaps a radical change of government may help. 
The rich ride on the backs of the poor and illiterate people.
They are easy to control so it will take an educated majority from the poor people to cause a change in circumstances.

How is this point of view unique from every country in the world? l have travelled extensively, and l can assure you, the poverty in Uganda is not as alarming as appears by the above blog ....

There are some first world countries for ant of a better word, that have poverty that is mind blowing, and crippling even, considering the climate / attitudes / cultures in countries one would assume were poverty free .....

In Uganda there is poverty yes, however here, most will eat even if once a day, they will not die of say winter / racism / ignorance ...

l wish we would all learn, its 2013 after all .... Africa is not the dire / traditionally mis-represented continent ...

Now how can Uganda solve poverty issues, like every other country in the world, that has poverty

1. Fair distribution of opportunity
2. Fair taxation practices
3. Accurate presentation of perception
4. Updated information about Uganda / people still talk about
   Amin.
5. NGO's accurately portraying exactly how the resources, are
   used.
6. Less to no expats in NGO's so the locals actually impact
   issues, after all they know the information on the ground,
   speak the languages, are not prejudiced, do not demand,
   almost 90% of the contributions ...

Ask! who will save Uganda? With All the political leadership swimming and bedding corruption.Its difficult to deal with those given jobs  as rewards.The groups of people are  fearless to their own people in poverty, their leaders cant  stop them since they are holding  pillars of leadership.Why cant the president  halt some of these people? If he could  do that then Uganda would have  equal distribution of resources. We would be able to recognize the so called visions.

Uganda,s economic growth is not reflective of the poverty in the slums.This then leaves the question as to who is really growing economically?The economic strategy and social stability of Uganda must be tailor made to suit the people's aspirations or else it will end in hubris and a shambles.

Hi Maickj,

l concur! with you ,clearly my journey going forward, is to update perception ..... of Uganda specifically as well as Africa.

African issues are very similar, and proximity allows hopefully for effective, realistic, transfer of information and in this way successful reform going forward.

Clearly, judging by the approach of the digital generation, the focus is on education, tolerance, and respect.

They ALL agree that the next stage is to solve once for ALL how to gradually phase out dependence on Foreign Aid, as it gives a false reading of these economies.

This then skews accurate economic decisions and renders and therefore affects implementation of solutions, to the glaring issues, holding Africa back.

Child mortality due to poor maternal ante-natal care, then education of these mothers as to the importance of vaccinating new born babies and to complete the vaccinations. Hygiene etc ..

Then quality, affordable education for ALL, is the only way to level the playing field and escalate development in African / Ugandan issues ....

Oludare wrote:

Hi,
My name is Dare and a business man. I will like to introduce and invite you to an international business brand that is coming to your country come July 31, 2014.

I will like you to take good advantage of it as it has made thousands of people wealthy in all the countries it has reached (about 26 countries now and in Africa - Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon, Cote D'Ivoire and now Uganda).

Contact me on my email so that i can feed you with more information - [email protected].

Here is the venue of the launching of the business in Kampala, Uganda so that you can plan to invite more people and also attend.

LAUNCH EVENT CELEBRATION
Thursday, July 31, 2014
12:00 PM
Golf Course Hotel
Plot 64-84 Yusuf Lule Road
Kampala, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 660724

Office Location :
Plot #59A Eastern Plaza,
Level 2 (next to MTN towers)
Yusuf Lule Road, PO Box 2894,
Kampala, Uganda
+256 0702 069 369.

It is going to be worth your time and i will be glad to put you through fully to maximise your earning potential in the business.

Cheers,

Dare

Can you please refrain from multiple postings of the same thread.