How is feeling foreigners in Kuala lumpur .....................:)

@Omar Salim that's an extreme defeatist viewpoint... as an employer that's far from what I look in a prospect. Sorry.. no point in trying no more because none wants our product/service :(

Hahahaha no need to be upset mate. But in a long run this is a necessity. Anyway u got a different point of view which I totally respect and dont wanna argue as that wouldn't solve any problem

Lol if you keep bringing your prejudices and rigid expectations you will be sorely disappointed again and again... Better to either sir down n evaluate the three questions, or maybe just sit down with a local and ask what they think of your home country if that really bothers you. You will be surprised with what you hear and what you can do to correct them.. And my friend, that's a good way to start a friendship.. :)

Point taken brother.  Cant change the world so we gotta change ourselves

maha3249 wrote:
Gravitas wrote:

@Maha 3249 - your comments are interesting. Please tell us why you have reached that conclusion?

Malaysia is a great place and I enjoyed going around different places. But in future I wouldn't like to live here because:

1- I found locals unfriendly and they don't like to mix with expats.
2- I didn't like  the weather as its hot and humid, I'm sweating all the time
3- Every where I see chinese and i don't understand the language they speak
4- Even though I'm a friendly person but still I've got no friends.

1 - You must be joking. As with any country, there is a wide range of people and attitudes, but Malaysians (of all three major ethnic groups) are generally very friendly to foreigners. I found this where ever I went in that terrific country. In fairness, I did find some Indians generally less so, but only some, not all.

2 - It's the tropics, but they install showers in houses, so it isn't all bad.
I will request the Almighty turn the sun down a bit for you and *BONUS* that gets rid of the global warning problem.

3 - I used to see a lot of Chinese people, but I saw that as a bit of a bonus because I like Chinese culture. I know this is a bit wild, but perhaps you could learn the language.
Yes, I know it's much easier to speak slowly and loudly, expecting them to understand your language, but Malaysia isn't a colony any more. You don't have to wear a plate style hat, just open our mind.

4 - With the attitude displayed here, I find that so hard to believe.

Omar Salim wrote:

Point taken brother.  Cant change the world so we gotta change ourselves

+1 time.

If there is any one thing, save paperwork and Indonesian roads, that really bugs me, it's foreigners going to a country and moaning about how crap it is, all whilst cashing in with some extremely well paid job.

Dudes, we have to accept local culture, preferably learn about it, and maybe even enjoy it.
OK, I was a glorified tourist in Malaysia, but I did my best to stay away from things in lonely planet, giving me time to explore the country.
I visited a tiny Chinese 'communist' village set up by the British during the emergency, and generally got stuck in to finding out about Malaysia and its varied population.
I even took the time to translate KL, and find out why it got that name. It's very interesting stuff, but you have to get out there and find out - beats moaning about tropical weather.

you know actually I do sit next to an indian almost everyday. I dont have any kind of animosity towards anyone . i dont judge people according to their nationality or race or skin colour cause thats racism,

hahahahah good one...maha is toooooo negative.......

Maha maybe u should change your mentality which is still assuming things according to your country and then analyse things.I can say that cause I know pakistani mentality and thats not very useful when we travel around the world.

People are both bad and good do be careful.of labeling. I am told many times Pakistani men no good and "use" local women then go home to.marry cousins. White western men (there is always this assumption that white Americans are more American than non white when talking to Malaysians) have a reputation for loving and leaving girls too.

Except white men are expected to be that way and non white are not. Malaysians expect Asian looking foreigners to be well Asian.

But then all get tainted like all Nigerians are drug dealers. I am sure most are not but try telling that to many in Malaysia!

Stereotypes are common in Malaysia so grim and politely say why not at times.

So like anywhere you like some people ok with some and dislike some. I don't like the SMS (small manhood syndrome) Chinese males in Vellfires who drive like idiots. That's a stereotype I am.looking for an exception too  :whistle:

I'm always made to feel very welcome in Malaysia,  KL people are very friendly and helpful