Moving to Antwerp soon

the belgian forum IS silent.

Will be moving to Antwerp soon (july/August). You work in Brussels? So its possible? How long by train?
How is Antwerp? You like it?

Hey melissabuik,

Kindly note a new thread was created in the Antwerp Forum as from your last post since the other discussion is outdated.

In hope for you to get more light on your query on antwerp.

Regards

Kenjee
:cheers:

Takes about 35-55 mins normally. Best to take direct trains...plenty each day
Antwerp a great fun city

Good Afternoon

My name is Mark and I am an expat from the UK now living in my 3rd year in Antwerp Belgium. Wow what a beautiful laid back city it is. An absolute pleasure in living here and you will very at home very quick. I live near the Cathedral and this area is surrounded by pubs, bars and great places to eat.

There are a few things you need to know when you move here. You will have to apply for a Rijks Number as this is basically the eqvallent of your National Insurance Number. With this you can open a bank account, apply for a mobile phone contract etc. Go online and make an appointment first as you will have to receive an appoint date rather than just rocking up.

Ask me any questions you would like and I will be more than happy to assist as best I can. Good luck with your move. I am sure you will be very happy here.

Regards, Mark

Hi Melissa,

Welcome in Antwerp; we were wondering if you are interested to work in a clinic? You can be trained. If so, send a mail.

Reagrds,

Dr Nath
Americanclinic.be

Hello all,

@Dr Nath : I kindly invite you to also place an advert in our section Healthcare jobs in Antwerp. If Melissa is not interested, you can find another suitable candidate over there.

Regards

Kenjee

Hi there,

Nice to see some activity on the blog!
So I live in Antwerp and I think it is a really fun and interesting city. There is a lot to do, lots of fashion, markets cafes etc. My boyfriend works in Brussels, which he travels to by train. The train takes about 40mins to get to Brussels. It is not the easiest commute but we used to live in Brussels and we like Antwerp MUCH more.

What are your plans? Are you deciding between Brussels and Antwerp?

Hallo Sorcha, ( I think)

We are starting a "state of the art " women's clinic in Antwerp : see  www.americanclinic.be...and we are also big fans of Antwerp. Dr Nath works out as well in Brussels, and there is definitely a preference towards the peace in Antje. English is no problem for our International clientele. therefore if you would like to join us for a chat or coffee feel free to drop us a line and lets find out what we could do for each other. We provide in company training.

Cheers, Marie-Roos Wintjens
PA to Dr Nath

Dear Marie-Roos,

my specialization is in Ophthalmology, I don't think you need that at your women's clinic.

Sorcha

Esta muy bien, vente aquí

Mohamed Mahdaj wrote:

Esta muy bien, vente aquí

Hi and welcome to the forum.
As this is an Anglophone forum could you please post in ENGLISH only. Thanks

Hello everyone,

For some reason I did not even know I got so much reply to my thread. It warms my heart, LoL.

My husband and I will be living in Antwerp. He is dutch so no issue on his side with the language. I, on the other hand speak french and English, obviously. That is why I think I will have a better chance finding a job in Brussels.

We will be there end August. I cannot wait so see the city, specially since everybody like it so much

Thank you, Mark. I will sure drop a line if I need some infos

Hello Melissa

Did you come right with the information you were looking for?

Regards, Mark

Hi,
I saw your post, and I was wondering if you're hiring? Im a registered nurse both in the philippines and macau. anyway, i'm moving to antwerp early next year, and the job hunting is daunting for me. Can you give me more info regarding this clinic and specific positions you're hiring? thank you so much.
Laine

I am still trying to figure out if it is a scam or not since the website does not even exist. Please be careful...never know

As for me, it is now almost 2 weeks since I asked for an appointment to go to the office with my husband to register. Still nothing...how long does it takes usually? The waiting game is killing me....

Hi,
I checked out their website and it does work. Anyway, my bf will check out their office and will let you know :)

hi,
my bf checked out the building directory and it seems like this company doesnt really exist. FYI.

Thought so...so weird