TEFL Student considering teaching English in Ukraine

Greetings from Scotland,

I am currently doing a 140 Tefl course and looking for place to teach English. I am very interested in Ukraine and would like to get in contact with people living there. I have worked and lived abroad before. I have many interests, some of them are Reading, keeping fit and I am a singer songwriter who plays Guitar and Harmonica

I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi getcarter!

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

Hello. I play guitar too and would like to play Harmonica (I even bought one) but do not have guts to start:)

What place are you interested in, e.g. urban or rural?

Hi GreyKyiv

Its allot of fun I would recommend it, I play some songs with harmonica and guitar it's a good sound.
I like both, rural with good access to the city or urban with good access to the nature would suit me.
I don't have to be in main or capital cities though. I like to experience the culture.

Cheers

GetCarter

I read on the Internet how to play harmonica and it seems so difficult to manipulate with your tongue. I tried few times but failed. Plus you can always find guitar tabs and chords for any song you want yet the situation is different with harmonica – I do not know what to play. Maybe if we meet someday you would give me a few lessons. That would be great.

It is vital to be close to civilization in nowadays. But I do not like living in cities (although/because I live in Kiev). Thus am considering to return to my home town someday and to open an English school there. But I cannot do it for now.

Have you done an estimation of investments needed for opening a school in Ukraine? Plus accommodation, livings etc?

There are Lot's of different techniques for playing the harmonica, you don't always need to use your tongue, the tongue
is mainly for single note's, you can also play single note's without the tongue, that takes a bit more practice. With songs like Neil Young's "Heart of gold" you don't need to use your tongue as it is more of a laid back playing style. 

For now I would recommend you keep practising even if your not playing specific songs, it is good just to keep playing up and down the notes, there are not many notes on a harmonica so eventually you will instinctively know how to get the one you need. Its good to take it with you everywhere, you can practice when your walking around. Also Try learning some basic blues riff's that is a good way to get better at rhythm playing, this also allows you improvise and discover your own com position's.
If I end up in Ukraine and near your area I would be happy to give you a few tip's.

I am not looking at opening a School, I want to teach in one, It could something I might consider in the future though.
I'm also looking into accommodation options at the moment. I hear that some people offer free lodging in return for help with learning English, this sounds very interesting to me.

Cheers

hey,

i started a brief blog about this andyaudley.blogspot.co.uk
I worked in Kharkiv from December-March and i'm just finishing up the visa process so i should be returning in July.
Where in Ukraine are you thinking of going?

send me a message if you've got any questions

Andy

hello,how do you do? i saw you profile and i want to offer you a job of teacher in the school for kids age 2-12. If you are interested please reply me.
Have a nice day !