New members of the Lithuania forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Lithuania forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Lithuania if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello!
I'm Elena, I am originally from Australia, but have been living in Vilnius for almost 3 years and I could not think of a better place to live! It's a city with the feeling of a country town, once you are willing to open up and immerse yourself then you see the real magic :)
I am Lithuanian by heritage, so the language comes natural to me, it actual starts to feel strange speaking english.  Friends are hard to make due to the suspicious nature of the people but all you need is patience and people will warm up to you, most of my friends I met at a Lithuanian language course and through the International womens association :)
Feel free to message me with questions, and I'll help where I can.

Hello!!
I am Hernán, i came from Argentina, i've been living in Kaunas in 2012 and now, since about 6 months. I am happy here too, this city is very nice, peaceful, with amazing views and a lot of history. Of course i've been in Vilnius a lot of times, and i think it is one of the best cities i have ever visited, apart from it's beauty, history and tidiness it is quite opened in a social way, that is necessary for an expat like us.
I come from European family, so as a mixture from Spanish, Italian and French, the destiny for some reason brought me again(more to the north east :joking: ), and for the moment here i am, looking forward to settle down, i am looking for a job(maybe a difficult point here), and as a musician, with some projects to get started and move on. Any expat or national musician that would like to jam some rock, blues, or funk be free to write me ;) As anyone who has any doubt or question feel free to write, i will help as much as i can. Iki!!

PS: Elena nice to meet you, i have Australian relatives in Perth and friends in Adelaide!! where are you from? Regards.

Hi All.
My new job will bring me to Vilnius in a couple of weeks but I am currently in Budapest on a conversion course. I expect to be in Vilnius at least 2 years, commuting often to UK.
As a keen cyclist I have been searching for bike shops in Vilnius to find a second hand machine but without good success. Also looking for biking clubs or groups (MTB or road).
I also like to run but the local hash club (HHH) seems to be not operating any more as far as I can tell.
I will be looking for a flat/apartment for a good price, within easy reach of the airport.
Other important things to know are where to find the best beer and good food.
Any advice on these matters would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Hello to all of you. I have reached Vilinus three days back, right now just understanding the streets and looking for friends to know more about the place.

Hi, I am from Lithuania- Klaipeda, curently living in Middle East( Oman).

Hello M K Shah, Hope you would have been settled there.

I intend to reach there in early June. Could you please suggest me about what business should I invest into?

regards,

Hello,  I am Judith from USA.  I came to Kaunas Lithuania to visit relatives for the summer, and then I applied for a little more time by getting a Visa, then the Residency Card.  I am retired and have a flexible schedule and would like some friends to share time with; chatting about what it is like to be an expat living in Lithuania;  our pasts, what brings us here, things we enjoy, the language. Some of my favorite things are hiking in the city or on the trails; folklore & history & architecture of Lithuania;  all natural foods; natural linen and wool by the yard (Lithuania is noted for these exports); reading; Sudoku; all kinds of good music ... jazz, blues, reggae, bebop, classical, world, folk and other; ballet and modern dance performances; art museums; films;  & yoga.  I am working on the beginner lessons  to learn Lithuanian phrases from an online site.  I am still finding my way around the city on foot and by bus.

Hey guys! I am new here and I really need some advice on where on the internet I can find classifieds and jobs listings?

I have been teaching for 5 years mostly primary and high school. IF you know of any schools looking for an experienced Brit who loves the job please let me know!

welcome and how do you like it here hope you enjoy it

Hi Elina

Let me help out to decide about Lithuanian immigration, environment, atmosphere of business, life and future about small business.

I am intending to migrate there, basically i am from Pakistan but right now living here in jordan doing job of accountancy.

It would be very helpful if you could respond sufficiently onto this email and also advice if you aware about any pakistani or indians who are already living there. if you introduce me with them then it might be great.

Kind regards

Raheel Khan

hello
friend i am moving from lithuania to odense denmark so please help me out as  i am living in kaunas as student

Hi there,

If you are still looking for a job I would advise you to visit CVbankas.lt (but i think it might be tough to find an international job there) or maybe visit Vilnius International School.

I hope you are going to find something!
Good luck!
Giedre

Hi all,

I am Lithuanian, however studied 4 of my years abroad and since I came back just now, was hoping to meet some new people, as Lithuanians are quite closed minded (never noticed that before) :) and most of my friends are studying/working abroad.
If you are moving to Vilnius or are already living here let me know I can help out!

Giedre

Labadiena Geidre,

Soyou find some changes here in Lithuania after 4 years? You get along here better or still sometimes feel to goback to Netherlands?

I am just curious to know point of view of a person who was born and Brought up here but move out and Come back again.

Anyways for me Life in Lithuania so far is good, sometimes Boring but ok.

Dear i am faizan from pak i want to come Lithuania on student visa can  do part time job in Lithuania waiting for reply.

My husband and I plan to relocate to Vilnius in the Fall when his work will take him there.  We would appreciate any recommendations for areas to look for a flat or house to rent, and also any recommendations for activities. We enjoy art, music, sailing and I will be looking for a language course for beginners.  Vilnius sounds beautiful and we're anxious to arrive! J

Hey! I am in Vilnius for the next 3 months and am in need of friends to show me around!

Hello!
I am Edvardas from Vilnius and lived here  the biggest part of my life. :)

Hey,

I am lithuanian, but last few years I was living abroad, now back to LT.
If there is anything I can help or advise drop me a message, as I know it can be slightly difficult at the beginning in new country :)

[moderated: post your resume in the Jobs section please]

Is it a good place to do business?

Labas,
Another newbie eh... it's been years since I posted one of these things, but I guess we're all new somewhere at one time or another.

I'm an Irish writer (who 'dabbles' in music as a jazz singer, graphic artist, photographer - and after the wonderful summer here in Lithuania, a self-professed expert on apple picking, sorting, transporting, juicing, drinking).

I don't speak Lithuanian, I will try - it will be difficult - but I will try.
I have many projects on the go here, mostly writing features about Lithuania, tourism, culture, quirks, society, music, etc. etc.
I also write commercially; web content, content creation, PR - that kind of thing. But creativity is my raison d'etre.

Also, as a travel writer I've become kind of nerdy about bird-watching and every new destination opens up new possibilities to me - to the annoyance of those around me. So, any other amateur birders (and I mean 'amateur') out there I'd love to hear from you.

See you around perhaps.
Brendan

Hi

This is Raj from India
I am coming next week Lithuania
i am new in Lithuania
I need some guidance

Thanks

Hi , how are you ? I noticed you need help, get in touch, I will try to help :)

I'll be arriving in Vilnius in mid-December to join my husband who's working there. I'd be interested in possibly joining any birding outings whenever they occur. I'm an amateur bird-nerd myself. Cheers!

Well I don't really know about any bird events , but if you need people to hang out with or show you around count on me

Ha! Adzidoli, I thought I was replying to Brendan, but then realized I replied to the entire post. I would enjoy meeting you and learning more about Vilnius and Lithuania.  I'll send you a message via this website when I get to Vilnius and get settled next month.  Looking forward to meeting you!  J

Okay please do message me, it will be great to welcome you to vilnius !
See you next month !

I will do that, Adzidoli!  Thanks, J

As Slam O Alikum
i am Azhar from Dubai want some iformation form you. Please give me your skype or Facebook ID. or Add me at skype ( azhar025_ali1 ) and Facebook [email protected]
Thanks
Azhar Abbas

Hi, everyone. I am Skirmante Butautaite, originally from Lithuania, but currently living in Finland. I am professional teacher in Philosophy and Social Teacher. I am about to come to Lebanon in order to gain international Teaching Certificate. I have never been in Lebanon- Beirut before. It would be great if you could give any advice or general image of living and visiting Lebanon;)))
Laukiu atsakymo ir patarimu;))
Gero dienos visiems;))

BTW, I teach Lithuanian, as I am native speaker. Don't hesitate to contact me if you are interesting.

i would be glad to help you dear if you need anything about lebanon.
please contact me at my email
[email protected]

i can speak english 60% and i want to now can you teach online. and who many time you takes to teach Lithuania three month or six months etc. and who much your charges are?

Hi
I am Emad
I am egyptian doctor working in dubai .
I am looking for any one can teach me the Lithuanian language , i am gonibg to vilnius on next january.
Could you help
Thx
Emad

(Moderated:  :offtopic: )

as slam o alikum brotehr
can you give me your mobile number. or skype id my skype id is azhar025_ali1

hi all.
im hamed tousikani from iran and i want to aply to lithunia so please let me know how are the conditions of living and studying?however i want to aply for master degree and im a famous artist in iran

Hi brother how are you
Am from Tunisia and living in Lithuania 8 years
Jemmy.jemmy8 my skype
We can talk about Lithuania and how to be hir

Closed