Moving to dar es salaam and need advice so badly...

Hi, I get a offer to work in Tanzania in Dar, actually I`m working in Malaysia and need some infos about Dar:
1-How is internet speed and can I use a IP TV as I wnat to capture some Arabic channel
2-Do we have nursery or pre school for a child of 2.5 years
3-How about shopping(Mall for normal shopping like veggies, fruit, meat...................)
4-What`s the cost to buy a new car or a used car
5-Where is the best place to live in dar
6-How can we protect over malaria especially for my Daughter of 2.5 years
7-What`s the cost of living
8-How much ex pat pay taxes
9-How is the weather

Sorry to ask a lot of questions but really need to decide if I should move or no

[ Moderated : No Free ads on the Forum ]

ilhanist wrote:

Hi, I get a offer to work in Tanzania in Dar, actually I`m working in Malaysia and need some infos about Dar:
1-How is internet speed and can I use a IP TV as I wnat to capture some Arabic channel
the speed depends on who are you connected with, the most expensive internet bundles from mobile companies like vodacom, tigo and airtel  are very reliable plus you can get internet from big companies like simba net or spider sat very reliable for expates. about tv, you can accsess most of the world's channels
2-Do we have nursery or pre school for a child of 2.5 years
yes, there are midium schools and international schools like Tanganyika international school.
3-How about shopping(Mall for normal shopping like veggies, fruit, meat...................)
available but you might miss some of the typical foods from around the world. lots of fresh veggies and fruits, also meat available
4-What`s the cost to buy a new car or a used car
depend on your choice, you can get cars from six million Tanzania shillings and above
5-Where is the best place to live in dar
mbezi beach, osterbay ect
6-How can we protect over malaria especially for my Daughter of 2.5 years
use sprays and night nets protect against mosquitoes
very reasonable, if you wanna spend you do so if you want normal life also possible. if your salary if high you will serve lots
not sure but a bit higher than the locals
9-How is the weather
Dar is very hot, sunny days sometimes rain
another thing to consider, the traffic jam...the population is high
Sorry to ask a lot of questions but really need to decide if I should move or no

hope the info is helpful

1. No IP tv.
2.yed.
3. school & malls  are there.
4.You can get corola at 5m tst
5. Dar es sallam
6. It is normal like Indi
Hi,  you can reach me on +91 9375526759 / WHATSAPP +918866806534

sunilsharma1977.ss wrote:

1. No IP tv.
ip tv means what????
2.yed.
3. school & malls  are there. yes
4.You can get corola at 5m tst... its possible
5. Dar es sallam-
Dar es salaam
6. It is normal like Indi
more likely, now they are extending the roads hopping to reduce the traffic jam.
Hi,  you can reach me on +91 9375526759 / WHATSAPP +918866806534

ok, reach me on +255 758 262503

just responded but i am in the central Tanzania   in Dodoma.

Thanks for informations,

9-How is the weather

ilhanist wrote:

Thanks for informations,

9-How is the weather

Cost of living www.numbeo.com

weather is hot....

Hi,
As far as IP goes it depends on speed GBs. Internet speed and costs are a problem here.
There are preschools and shopping malls, but compared to Asia and even UK the prices are high.

There are major traffic jam problems here, getting from A to B takes a long time, so this decides where you live. If your company pay your rent that is fine, if not bear in mind that rent is as high as London on peninsular, further out is cheaper but there is major congestion on the road throughout the day and at weekends.

It is not an easy place to live. The weather has been unpredictable and there has been alot of rain.

Dar can be a good place to live if you have the salary to support it.

Lynn

Hi email me at [email protected] 

then i will email you the info you need

Hello,

starting from your first question;
I. I don´t know what you mean by IP TV? But you will find a good  connection system of TV whereby in order to get specific channels in one package will depends on your pocket cause the more number of program or specifics you want, the more price you pay. This will always depend on the company which you are connected to, some are low prices and some are bit higher pricing depend on the quality of service and of course speed.
II. Ofcourse you will find more Nursary schools to pre-schools from deferent concept and quality of teaching method. For this reason we are on the same point only depend on your budget. In short you have all choices.
III. You will find markets, lovely local markets with fresh vegetables and fruits depends on the season. For non-season fruits and Veggies, supermarkets have some options for you.
IV. For Tanzania road conditions will advice you to go for 4 wheel drive car, I can not tell you real the price because it always depends what you want! ( brand new, used, which brand?) then we are on the same point but I can only advice you to google on vehicle market in Dar.
V. Depends where your new office will be located: I write this cause of high traffic jam during high peak time. In order to save petrol or diesel budget try to live close as possible to your office.
VI. From Malaysia try to check with your child Doctor for some medicine (Resochin Junior). I use the same for my son since he was 2 years from Europe to Dar one tablet a week before departure the rest each week one. While in Dar buy good quality mosquito sprays and apply to her each day twice but no on face. Make sure you rent a place with mosquito net (especially for the small one). While in Dar most apartment/houses have window mosquito nets and Air conditions. If you don´t like to use artificial air for your kid try to spray her room possible every two days and all home once per week. This is the secure way and it works (not saving for Malaria please).
VII. Cost of living depends on your LIFE STYLE-sorry I did not get you well, do you mean rent, utilities or food?
VIII. Expert taxation, I advise to find out with your new employer first how much will be the offer, because each person is individual on this area. I do believe other taxes like airport tax during your departure etc. has to pay your employer!
IX. If you will be situated in Dar es Salaam, the centigrade range between 25-31 depends on year season (you can google). The only thing is the humid. Sometimes you feel as if you are in Sahara but thanks God for air-conditions.

Hope the above will help you making decision.

Don´t hasitate to contact, if some info below are not clear.

Welcome Tanzania.

Rakhel

(Moderaed: no copy/paste on the forum pls)

You need to consider the job offer, is it a promotion? Dar is considerably more expensive than Malaysia and the quality of life is better where you are.L