Moving to bahrain

How is working in Bahrain being expats from pakistan in hospital as consultant or senior registrar?? How is schooling for kids around 6 to 8 yrs of age???
Me and my husband are being offered 2900 and 3500 BD as  both are doctors at King Hamad university hospital. ...is it a good offer??? Includes airway tickets for the both of us, education allowance upto 500 BD....but no housing allowance

It is a very good package. You will live comfortably.

Agree with brightonguy. You will be able to enjoy a good quality of life and still save quite a bit.

I am not able to assist with questions on schooling, but there have been some discussions recently on this. Perhaps you could take a look at them.

Best wishes

Hello Maleficient,

There are a lot of private schools on the island, what kind of education program are you looking for (British curriculum, PYP/MYP)? If you are interested there is a Pakistani School here, but I don't know much about it, unfortunately.
Depending on the school, costs can be expensive. However, with the two of you making 6400BD a month that will leave you plenty of money left over.

Although I don't know what a good offer is for a doctor in Bahrain, from the amount you wrote, your family will be able to live comfortably and save money as well.

Hope this helps!
:-)

Thanks a lot for your reply ....what i am really worried about is the long waiting list for admission in schools with British system as i have read in other posts...what would  the kids do...as both of us would be working....

Some schools have long waiting lists, but others might be easier to get into...
Schools that use the British curriculum include:
British School of Bahrain
St. Christopher's
Nadeen School
Talent International
Dilmun School and
Scared Heart

If that fails, you could always look into American curriculum schools.

Hope it helps!
:-)

How is dilmun school? ??