Let's Talk About Njol

Hey guys and gals. I am thinking of buying a lot in the Njoi Santa Fe development. I would love to hear about experiences that others have had with Njoi in their Trujillo development. Any tips about how we proceed would be appreciated. Are they on the up and up? How has the Trujillo project come along? Did you use Hugo as your contractor?

I am looking forward to chatting to some of the Trujillo buyers. If anyone who is travelling down on May 12th reads this, I would be interested to hear how you are progressing.

Hi we are going on may 12th as well. We reserved site 27 what's your lot? We are very excited to see the area. We have travelled several times to Roatan and loved the Island.

We have reserved lot #5 on the Santa Fe development. Are you at the Trujillo development or the Santa Fe one? We have never been to Honduras. It is my wife and I and her sister and husband who are looking to buy down there. Have you been to the mainland before?

Hi we have never been to the mainland as we always heard it was dangerous but after researching it does seem safe. There are always unsafe areas in every country you go. We are in the Santa Fe development.  Are you hoping to retire there or use it as a vacation home? We hope to use it as a vacation home although my husband would retire tomorrow if he could lol.

We are looking at it as a retirement home. We are all around 5 years from retiring and so by the time we build it should be perfect. We are looking forward to winters without snow.

We bought in Trujillo last year and went back again this March to finalize the plans for the house and we are going with Hugo as our architect. Our experience with Hugo has been very good, he always replies to our emails within a day and he does spend time to answer any questions. 

Our first thought when we went there was very doubtful if we would even buy or live there but after we went there and saw the place it was very beautiful.  People are very nice and friendly, food is cheap( fruits are abundant and fresh) and so are services.  Weather is pleasant there and always a breeze. You have to go there to get the experience and wish we were going there too in May as it a blast.  The beach is calm most days and no under tow so safe to swim in.

We will be building in June and it will be ready by the end of this year so this winter we can go there!

Good luck to all and we will be happy to help.

Thanks guys. We are looking forward to seeing the place. We will be looking to build in 3 to 5 years. We will certainly be watching the progress of your development. We have had reservations about building in a foreign country and about all of the bad press in Honduras.
There has been some positive news come out of there lately and so we are going in with an open mind.
Is this a retirement home for you or just an investment?

We were there a couple of weeks ago and I fell in love with the place. My wife is not Quite as enthusiastic as I am about it but am sure she will come around.  Njoi is for real and I can't wait to start building. Hugo is in the process of drawing up plans for our house and we hope to start building soon.   We took a few extra days when we were down there and I am glad that we did. There is so much potential there. I can't wait to go back.      Jerry

Jerry,
Congratulations on your purchase. We are in the half excitement, half apprehension mode right now. We have reserved a lot in the Njoi Sante Fe development. We are teaming up with my sister-in-law and her husband to buy a retirement home. We are going down in a couple of weeks to view the lot and area. If we go ahead, we will be looking to build between 3 and 5 years. Good luck with your home and I am sure some day we will bump into each other.

Don't forget to check other places out too.  :cheers:

Howdy neighbor , In my last reply I did not mention that I went down with 2 of my sons and while we were down there we formed an Honduraian  company and with another 2 sons  ( 4 altogether) we actually bought 4  properties with plans to build  a house each year . We are all very excited and there is not a day that goes by that we are not talking about it. This probably my last year working and I have already told everyone that they will not be seeing this winter unless they come to Honduras. That is about it for now.  Jerry

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

My wife, sister-in-law and brother-in-law just got back from Trujillo and they loved it to the point where we bought our lot. I couldn't make the trip because of work commitments and it was obvious that I missed a great time. I look forward to the day when I can go down to see the property and the towns of Trujillo and Santa Fe. By all accounts they were treated very professionally by the Njoi Team and we were left with a much better feeling about our decision. It is great to have a plan for retirement and we look forward to the journey.

Hi Mike, we are neighbours here in Whitby as well as Santa Fe! We are looking forward to building in Njoi Trujillo as well as Santa Fe. Don't believe anything Kent or the girls say, ok just a bit lol. Let's plan a get together real soon, you're the busy guy so let us know when you want to hook up. Drop in here, just a quick call to make sure we are home. Oh yeh,  can walk home if need be! Lol

Hey Jerry! We bought two lots. Lots to share we just got back and we visited Hugo's project in Roatan. Very exciting to see his work in progress.
We are all on FB do you use it? Nice to private message, share Picts etc. find us via Gino and send an invite.

How long was your trip to Trujillo after landing ? Did you check out other investment opportunities ? What I have seen throughout the years is Recap for example only (and no I have not been sued) that companies cater to investors OR and investment opportunities. Big difference. Buying online or from a seminar  or from a stratigest can or may/might make investments solid.

I'm a realist. How about persons looking for an investment look online and do a simple Google search of investment property in Honduras or anything like or similar to this BEFORE buying anything. I've had more than a few clients ask me to help them. Why ?!! They don't feel a situation is good. The replies after my post now will say different I think. Only because IMHO they are FAKE online users or someone (developer/builder is paying or discounting a property for a simple reference). I'm a real person living throughout many years here and that's a fact.

I don't put down developers or builders unless I see or hear solid

Just don't like fake usernames or people paid to say or claim things are just ok or "the best". This has been happening throughout 20 years in Panama, Costa Rica, Belize and yes even Mexico.

Tourism is great got this country no matter where it is at... Beach.. Mountains...jungle... City, how about a get-together and ALL thinking g about an investment, retirement or a dream just listen and talk and explain they're ideas or thoughts ?'!?

Chris,
You seem a little grumpy today. Did a monkey caca in your corn flakes this morning!!!

I don't eat cornflakes but thanks for asking lol. Long day yesterday and have been hammering it out with fake users on  4 or 5 sights yesterday both online and in person.

Today is another day and the weather is looking great for The Gran Carnival.

Hey Jerry, I'm curious what your plans are for your 4 lots. My wife and I bought a lot in Trujillo for us and  2 of our sons wanted one too so we have 2.. We will use ours as a vacation home, but need to rent it out also to cover some costs. (We are 10 years or so from retirement). Our sons is purely an investment. I'm curious if any other owners plan to rent out their properties?
Barry

Dear Barry , I have 4 of my sons as partners and we have formed a Hondurain company. We have one lot paid in full and hope to have the other 3 lots paid off within a year. We hope to start  building on the first lot next month. then build on the other lots one house each year. Once they are fully developed we may sell one or two or use them as rental properties. We are not exactly sure yet, but that is our basic plan. A couple of us plan to go back in late June and get our bank account opened up, review our house layout and floor plans etc. I plan to spent next winter down there I see you are from Saskatoon. My mother lives in Saskatoon and I spent my younger years there . I was born in Moose Jaw and we lived in Crane Valley, Assiniboia and Davidson where I graduated,  I did also go to U of S in Saskatoon and I am still a Riders fan even though I've lived in Alberta since 1968. well enough for now  Jerry. PS   I am sure we will meet up with each other one of these days

Just gathering information and am curious if anyone is wiling to share the final cost per square foot for their homes now that the plans have been finalized. 

Thanks in advance
Rob

Hey Jerry we bought the lot beside you we are 27. Very excited to start building next year.  Just though I say hi
Joe Ann

Howdy Neighbour , We bought lot 5 in Trujillo and lot 2,14 and 28 in Santa fe . We hope to start building on lot 5 fairly soon and we were quoted it would cost from $80 to $100 per Sq.ft. So we are guessing it will probably be the higher number. With the extras as Pool , retaining wall, Etc. to be added on. I think you have a very good lot # 27 and I would have grabbed that one up instead of 28 but you must have had it reserved before I saw it. Good for you But If you would Like to switch I would do so at the drop of a hat as I think you will have a good view of the sunset. I will go for now  and I look forward to meeting you all some day    Jerry

What are they offering for the standard budget of $80.00-$100.00 per square foot ? Biased maybe but if other developers in Honduras charged that..... They would never make a sale. So reverse that to offer a low cost lot and the construction is high...  Something wrong ?!? I'm just evaluating what I see and AM learning from anything that is going on near or in Trujillo. Still not understanding this as a simple but secure area and solid investment as in just west of La Ceiba. I do understand marketing very well. I will suggest looking around before purchasing ANY property/investment online. Maybe a week, month or year later the client may visit the online purchase and say "wow" it's great" but wonder why they purchased at that location for more. I await response to this. All purchasers there will be and state all is good all is well.

In my situation and view I want all to visit before any purchase in Honduras. Showing the good bad and everything in between. Nobody will ever offer that.

Cheers

Chris Barrett - A connection to all of Honduras

Jerry, sounds like a good plan. You guys must be excited to have your first one done in time for winter. I hope the construction goes well. We are planning to go back this winter to check things out, but won't be building for at least a year.  Maybe we'll stop by lot 5 for a cold one:) We actually only spent 2 nights there when we bought so we still have lots to see.
I'm glad to hear you still bleed green! I Have a sister and two  buddies that moved to Calgary 15 to 20  years ago and they are also still  Rider fans.

Barry

I guess you missed my post. No questions ?!?

Barry, Yeah you will have to stop in for a cold one. Not sure if we will be able to watch a hockey game but with all the new technology I am sure that's not to far away. Maybe even the CFL. or Blue Jays.  I am not much of a soccer fan. When we were their the people of Honduras were cheering for Spain.  2 days wasn't much time Maybe I will get a chance to show you around next winter.  That one guy seems pretty skeptical  but I am sure we made the right decision .If a person waits for the perfect deal you would never get anything. Sometimes you just have to go with your gut and do it, and I really think we made the right choice. There is a tremendous amount of untapped  potential in this area and i would compare it to the Fort MacMurray of 1950.  I will go for now     Jerry

😷

Hi all! We have finally purchased our property in honduras and are so looking forward to a permanent move!  We physically checked out different property developments along the coast  of the honduras before we bought, I am curious for all the others who have bought recently like I have , what was your deciding factor in choosing your location? Thanks,

Location dreams warm weather and reality should play a factor in this. Great question though. One deciding factor is when a flight is held a certain way, a person picks up all together, not being able to travel "without guidence" and maybe need babysitting as they may call..

Too many pictures of this for me.

Hi Dar62, We bought our property (Trujillo) about a year and a half ago. We actually didn't do a lot of due diligence as we only marginally checked out one other development in Honduras. We put a lot of faith in the integrity of the developers, Geno, Cristina, Paul and Lucia, as well as the warmness of the locals at the Campemento resort. So far we haven't been disappointed with the progress.
Barry

So guys, we are 2/3 of the way through June. Has anyone started building yet? How are the plans going? Were you able to get the price in the range initially quoted?

Dick and Monica, have you started to build? Is everything on time? Did the pricing come in where you were expecting it?

MIKE

Building in La Ceiba and the average price seems to be in the $40 to $45 per sq foot range.   $80 to $100 is ridiculous!

Yup that's what I've been saying. Way too high for mainland Honduras

did you end up buying

I think the price to build was to high vs in La Ceiba @ $45.00 per square foot

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Guys,

I started this thread for the folks that have been looking to buy and build in the NJOI developments at Trujillo and Santa Fe. It was my thought that if we could share ideas, experiences and pitfalls with each other, then the end result would be everyone ending up with their dream home in Honduras being everything they had hoped for.

It has become a battle between every developer on the mainland arguing why they feel they have more to offer than the next developer. To them I say...buy an ad and let people decide whether they are interested or not. But please let us use this media to share ideas and help us develop the lasting friendships we hope will be the end result of our decision to buy in NJOI.

By the way I am not employed by NJOI, I am not a plant for NJOI, I am not a fake profile, I am simply someone who wants to make sure that my investment in Honduras ends up to be everything I have dreamed it would be.

BOZEY