Software Engineer Openings for ME Fresher

Hi Everyone,

How is the job opportunity for woman's in bahrain. My wife have completed M.E computer science last year and she don't have work experience. I have got an offer in bahrain for 1000 BD + medical + Air ticket + Company maintained car.  I have read the post related to cost of living in bahrain and i believe 1000 BD would be slightly less to meet my current commitments. I don't have much option to negotiate. Is there scope to get job for my wife in software or system admin field ? Is it possible to safe 500 BD from my current salary for a moderate life in bahrain for a couple.

Expecting honest responses.

Your main expenses will be rent, food, communication and entertainment. If you maintain a basic life style you may be able to save a fairly good amount. But do note that you may not be saving too much in the first few months since you will be spending quite a bit on settling down.

Re: your wife, she may be able to get a job here but not as soon as you get here. And in any case, her earnings may not be significant, especially since she does not have experience.

Hi Farhaz,

Thanks for the information.  Like to get clarified on drivine test in Bahrain.  What's the frequency between failure tests and is there any min hours of classes to be taken before taking up test.... normally how many months will it take to get Bahrain license... I am into pre sales and I should get license Soon to make things easy for office work as well as to enjoy the benefit of company car and ofcouse savings as well...

Do you have a driving license from Oman?

If yes, then you can get it converted to a Bahrain license over the counter.

Otherwise the process is a long drawn out one.

Unfortunately, i don't have oman license... If you can provide more info on the same it would be so useful. Also i might relocate there in a month and i don't think i can get oman license by then...

yes, there is not enough time to get an Oman license before coming over to Bahrain. Unfortunately, you will have to go through the entire process. Its not pleasant, and its time consuming and challenging.

You will have to get your Bahrain residence sorted out before you apply for a driving license.

Thanks for the information Farhaz.

Hi Farhaz & Everyone,

I like to continue in the same topic, I am getting an offer in Qatar as well for 15000 QAR ( Including Acc) + Medical + family ticket + No car. The job role and position remains the same. Keeping in mind the savings to be done and scope of job for my wife in future which is better offer. Also we are newly married couple hence which place will be better for cost effective entertainment activities as well.... Awaiting for your response....

Hello Selvarocks and welcome to the forum. Would it be possible for you to post your question to Qatar forum for better visibility?

Sure I will. If anyone have faced such situation, please do leave your suggestion

All I know about the Bahrain or Qatar decision is that a few of my friends who used to be in Bahrain moved to Qatar and came back because they were missing Bahrain so much. :D

Its a matter of personal choice.

Remember Qatar is booming. So you may want to consider your offer seriously. Good luck!

Hi farhaz,

Thanks for the information.. Looks like i need to check few more facts before deciding which one is better.

I will update soon.

Good luck with your decision.