I WANT TO LEARN LAOTIAN LANGUAGE IN PAKSE

Dear Laotian expatriates,

I moved to Km20 of Pakse a week already and I met some difficults for communicating (example go to vendor markets, shopping or looking anything) because almost people speak Lao not English. Who can help me learn Lao or exchange language to me? I can teach English and Vietnamese while I can learn Lao?

Hello hongminh1905.

The Community section (Language Exchange) in the Laos classifieds could help. You can post an advert there. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Good morning Aurelie,

I tried to find in Lao Classifieds but not found any exchange or teaching Laotian.

I found some friends who can help me little learn Lao already. Thanks so much expat-blog. I am really happy and get many useful via Expat-blog site. I introduced Expat to my friends!

LAOTIAN LANGUAGE LEARNING – FIRST DAY OF MARCH

The first day of March, after meeting many difficulties in communication during February, Miu decided to learn Laotian Language via Internet (Youtube, Worldnomads,…)

And here is starting results:
Sabaaidii: Hi, Hello, How do you do!
Chao seu' nyang: What is your name?
Khoy seu': My name is
Ni' thao ddai: How much?
Ka ro'u na: Please
Khop chay: Thank you
Khaw thoht: Excuse me
Maen leo: Yes
Baw mean: No
Dii lai: Very good
Heua: Boat
Lod mei: Bus
Lot thaek si: Taxi
Pi lod: Ticket
You sai: Where is?
Thaang ddai: Which way to?
Aan ni peng maak: It's too expensive
Khoy maak baep ni: I like this
Khoy baw maak baep ni: I don't like this
Meuh nii: Today
Meuh eun: Tomorrow
Meuh waan nii: Yesterday
Dtum louat: Police
Chaap khon khi laak: Stop thief
Hong moor: Hospital
Thaan moor: Doctor

Share with mems incase you visit Laos but can not speak Laotian language!

GOOD JOB,Minh.

Hi Ba0gia,

Thanks for your compliment. But from firstday of March to now, I only learned little. It is not easy for me to learn writing Laotian.

I wonder what does the mean of "Ba0gia"? - Ba-0(numerous 0 not character O)-gia?

Nice weekend to you!

you're so interesting.
I think it's hard to learn how to write by Laotian, So we should try only to communicate with the natives by voice. That's enough.
  My nick name just only showed my name's Ba?o, and not very young (gia\ ).
i wonder what do you do in Lao ?
I plan to travel to Lao somedays in near future for my business.
That's why i'm here in this forum ( follow some links on internet ).
Nice to meet you.

Good afternoon, Bao!

When you will visit in Laos for your business? If you go to Pakse, please call me. (moderated; pls use your pm)

I am looking for a job here but it is not easy to find when I can not speak Laos. There are many NGOs here but they require Lao Speaker.

Hope to see you soon in Pakse!

hi hongminh, you can study Lao at ARDA Language Center in Pakse. We have many expats studying Lao at our school. Our school is right opposite to Hotel Champasak Palace. :)

Dear ARDA Pakse,

Thanks so much for your notice. because I am living in Bachieng district (KM21 from Pakse New Market) and working in there. I don't have private transportation, do you have one-by-one teacher at home?

Hi, unfortunately we don't have that facility. But you can come and visit our school. Its right opposite to Hotel Champasak Palace. Be in touch.

I will join ADRA Language Center and register a course because I am free now.

Dear Madam,

Are you living in Pakse?
I need to teach you Laotian and also I need to learn English
language with you, coz my English is not good Enough, I can teach
you Laotian but I not sure that we can learn by using internet.
I am now living in Vientiane capital, I am really interested in
you word that you need to learn Laotian, I would like to help you but I lived in Vientiane capital, if you have any plan to live in Vientiane capital please let me know by E-mail: [email protected].

I am living alone, I can teach you at my house also I need to learn Eng with you. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Mr. Deer

Good evening Deer,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for late reply because it is heavy rain in Bachieng, no ADSL internet and slow 3G connection.

I am living in Houyhee village, Bachieng district, Champasak province now and I don't have chance to live in Vientiane because my husband is working here.

If I go to Vientiane, I will puzz you.

About Laotian learning via internet, how I can teach you? I am ready to learn from you and can help you improve English.

At the moment, by coffee harvest season is coming so I moved to Paksong for living. And luckily, today, a woman called to me. She is very friend and warm and she said she can exchange language. She is good at French and she is Lao woman. So I can learn from her. Hope that my laotian language will be improved in next month.

I can teach you laos if you want and I am french, I can speak laos thai viet english french mandarin
And  i am soo bored

Welcome to advice your Lao Language if you need.

Sabaidii,

My Laotian language is not much improved by no time for exchange.

Hello. Nice to see you.
I would like to exchange our language .i would love teaching lao and i would love studying english
so call me plz.
If you are living in Pakse. Pakse.
See you soon

Dear Khamphai,

Thanks for your nice post. Exactly I am living in Paksong center, KM50, very close with Daoheuang Weight & Buying Station. Could you please exchange language with me at Paksong center? I am available for night time and full Sunday.

(I could not go to Pakse for studying because I finished work too late, if come to Pakse then come back Paksong at night time, I could not drive).