Psychologist in Copenhagen

Hi everyone,
My friend is looking for a psychologist. Anyone you guys can recommend?
My friend from the UK has been going to the normal doc and they keep referring her to the Danes who doesn't really understand her adjusting issue. She comes to Denmark for her husband job. She never feels like she is living in this city. It is getting worst when she now she has a new born and all this communications with the mid-wife and nurse....
Great if you know any psychologist that has a foreigner background and can speak English.
Hope you guys can help!
Meg

Dear Meg,
read your messg. on Oct.  If your friend, guy wish to share him problem, I hope I am able to help.  I am not a psychologist, nevertheless I am able to relate this confusion and difficulty he it getting through.  It not a month, two or three that the problem can get over it for his wife .  What I can help is at the man side to share man support to help his wife to get througt during this difficulty.  He is welcome to write to me on my email.  Hope time and friends here(copenhagen) can have a help for him.  He may write to me om my email.

Patrick Lim

Thanks! But now my friend has found a psychologist. Her name is Anna and she is at selvudvikling.org. My friend already feel bette after talking to her two times....

Your friend might also try petermacfarlane.DK. that would be me. I specialize in expat (and other) issues and have a Ph.d. in clinical psychology from the US. I have an office in central Copenhagen.  Good luck to your friend!

Hi Soeren,

I would like to talk to a psychologist. Could be you. Can you send me some information about your services and fees. The link you provided above doesn't seem to work.

I came to DK last year. Have been having a lot of stress and depression recently. Looking to get some help...

Best, Di

Hello,
This message is for Di and any other expats struggling to adjust to life here in Denmark and needing help from a foreigner (American) who can understand and relate to their problems and concerns with the lifestyle, social norms, culture and language barriers.

I am a licensed clinical psychologist with my doctorate and license from California with 15 years experience and I am just starting a private practice in ENGLISH with 3 offices in mid-Jutland, yet also can provide help via Skype, and have a pending website to launch soon.

If you want to get a hold of me, you can reach me by email at: [email protected]. Thank you.
Best wishes,
Karleen Paquette, Psy.D.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please + register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct