Is there a regular (monthly) meet up for a drink or two ?

Hi all,

I'm new to the site, and been living in Düsseldorf for about 5 months now. As my workstress is slowely winding down, I find myself with my weekends actually free! I couldn't find it on the site, but is there a regular meet up for all expats, or expats from a specific country ?

I'm 27, and from the Netherlands, grew up in Singapore though, so I'm a bit of a cosmopolitan!

If anyone is interested in going out for a drink or two during the weekend, send me an email :)

Cheers!

Hi eclectic,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Why not organise an Expat.com meet up in Dusseldorf. You can suggest a place, date and time. Then, we will stick this thread for better visibility. ;)

Hi!
A great place to meet new people is through MeetUp.com
There's a group on there called "The Düsseldorf Expat Meetup Group", who meet monthly.

I hav tried more than once to organize a meet, but nobody turned up!

now, I hav stopped attempting to create a meeting point!

If somebody is serious enough to turn up to the meet, I will arrange some!

Thanks AussieNanny, I'll look that one up :)
@Chidvilas: sorry to hear, I'd be willing to show up if there was a meet :) but no time to organise one myself...

I am on a vacation for a month, once I am back, I will organize it myself.

Ok,
I 'll take the responsabilities ;-) to organize the meeting.
I mean this forum is for expatriate so I think It will be nice to meet each other,  sharing our experience and staying togheter. What do you think about this week? May be friday evening the 7'th of October?
Whenever we know who is going to partecipate we can arrange the time and the location.
Hope to receive your answers ;-)

Bye.

ps: My name is Fabio, I'm thirty years old and I am Italian.

Hi,
   I am too interested to hang out for drinks. Are you interested?

Candy

I know you :-!

so did u guys meet up?i will definately be there for the next one...please inform me..

i'm in too, if anything was planned for the weekend

i'm in too :)

Hi All,

Do we have any upcoming meetup scheduled?  Do let me know if there is on the way..

Regards
Naidu

Hello Naidu.

Welcome to Expat.com!

This post is dated 2011. :)

I invite you to start a new thread on the Dusseldorf forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi everyone!
I'd like to meet you for a coffee!Currently in Dusseldorf looking for friends:)

Anyone interested?

See you!
Roxana

Hi Roxana,

Sent you a message.  Please check.

Regards
Naidu

Hi !

nikerol wrote:

Hi !

Hi and welcome to Expat.com.
The forum you have posted on is an old one so do not expect to get any replies. As an introduction to the forum could you please give us a little information about yourself. Thank you.

you shall not lose hope! Here's my answer:

Hi!

I came to Dusseldorf in April, I'm looking for some friends, especially to practice my poor German (~B1.2). If any of you guys want to go for a beer or coffee, I'm happy to accompany you.
Preferable language: german-alike-babble supported with english
Preferable topics: technology, news, politics, history and all those funny topics that come from cultural clash

and hey! no polish people! I know how it will end up, vodka and speaking polish. I've been through that ;]

Possibly I could come with my wife, we are both engineers, opened people who like to travel, we have spent last two years in Scotland

[email protected]