Business in Ukraine

Hi. Often expats plan openning their own private business in Ukraine. It is reasonable as it is not that easy to find a job for a person who does not speak a local language.

So in case a business idea is not a supper know-how, I suggest expats to share their ideas here so folks with more experience could persuade these "investors" not to do this (I'm kidding).

P.S. BTW, does anybody consider exporting wood from Ukraine?

Never considered the wood thing,but I'm very interesting in bee keeping in Ukraine. I'm not sure if the honey can be exported or not. Otherwise look for me at the farmers market!

There are no limitations re export of honey.

sir, i am interested to export indian poloshirts in kiev any suitable buyer may contact me....a.k. international dehradun india email [email protected]

akinternational wrote:

sir, i am interested to export indian poloshirts in kiev any suitable buyer may contact me....a.k. international dehradun india email [email protected]

Importation of textile in Ukraine requires:
    obtaining quality certificates and sanitary certificates for the products;
    the importer must be registered with the State Customs Service;
    the importer and exporter must decide who of them will be responsible for customs clearance of the goods on the customs.

Thus you need to find a reliable company in Ukraine that can bear relevant expenses.

I can do you a good website for free. I have a special promotion  at the moment.

Iam Planning to open online site for Ukraine Bank repossessed vehicles and Fleet owner to sell Business will managed even iam planing for bank reposed property auction

Looking for financier

[ Moderated : No free ads on the Forum please ]

IAM LOOKING FOR FINANCIER

Hello Allanfernandes

Please avoid to write with your caps lock on, because it is considered as shouting on the forum.

For your query, I suggest you place an advert in our section Business partners classifieds in Ukraine to increase your chance of finding a financier.

Regards

Kenjee

Thanks for giving some good feed back

alex i have messaged you ...

gauravm7600 wrote:

alex i have messaged you ...

:offtopic: 

Anybody you message will be notified.  It is not necessary to post such messages on the forum please.

Thanks

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team

Hi All
i'm looking to have a small business in Kiev, my wife is Ukrainian as well as my daughter, i'm planing to submit for my permanent residence next summer
i want to have a service business such as a beauty saloon or small GYM, some people told me you cannot do that easy you have to pay for Mafia to protect your your business!!!
i want to start a business because i need to move to Ukraine permanently during two years by maximum
i'm not looking for big business, i need something affordable to start, i accept ideas and even partnership offers in Kiev with transparent business and reasonable income
hope to hear from you Kiev Experts :)

vox1280 wrote:

Hi All
i'm looking to have a small business in Kiev, my wife is Ukrainian as well as my daughter, i'm planing to submit for my permanent residence next summer
i want to have a service business such as a beauty saloon or small GYM, some people told me you cannot do that easy you have to pay for Mafia to protect your your business!!!
i want to start a business because i need to move to Ukraine permanently during two years by maximum
i'm not looking for big business, i need something affordable to start, i accept ideas and even partnership offers in Kiev with transparent business and reasonable income
hope to hear from you Kiev Experts :)

Hi. I disagree about Mafia in understanding of this term from the 90th. You can easily start your small business and you should not be afraid of gangs comming to you for regular "fees". At least I do not know of any such a case having delt with different businesses over 9 years.
Both businesses you mentioned in your posts are very easy to set up and maintain (from lega and accounting points of view).
As to GYMs, they are not too expensive now in Kyiv so you at first you study your competitors (especially chains like "Sportlife") to find out whether one GYM can gain enough profit for your family.

Despite bad economy right now, Ukraine and Kyiv do have many opportunities. Especially for new unique ideas (start ups) because many things that are common on Europe for a few years have not been heard about in Ukraine. At the same time, what is profitable in another county may just not work out in Ukraine. So you better come, look around, learn about people, competitors, etc.

Good day!
You can get your Permanent prermit easily on a 3 month.
There is no complicated to start your own  business in Ukaine.
Of course you need some time, money for it and desire.
Have a good day! :)

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : promoting your services freely on the forum is not allowed.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I hate to disappoint some people, but to pay (protection money), I will call it donation money is correct.  If you have a store front, you will get a visit.  Depends upon the location or city.  As an Expat, they may leave you alone, but Ukrainian business people, it is common.  The further you get from Kiev and depending upon the connections you have in your area it can be quite interesting.

But it is true, you need to research the industry that you want to do business.  Research it thoroughly,  For the money you invest and possibly loose will never come back.  Ukraine is a nice place, but it can be very unforgiving.

Thanks lot for your reply
your comment well noted and i should consider that in future, risk in business is everywhere and i want to start in low or medium level and based on the process and the outcome can be increased or to open new business channel, ideas are there but studying the market is the most important point before starting

i would interest if you have an idea to share here or on private messages, i'm looking for full move to Ukraine by 2017 and i hope to have some business running til i fully moved to Kiev.

Regards
Tamer

Dougcdc wrote:

I hate to disappoint some people, but to pay (protection money), I will call it donation money is correct.  If you have a store front, you will get a visit.  Depends upon the location or city.  As an Expat, they may leave you alone, but Ukrainian business people, it is common.  The further you get from Kiev and depending upon the connections you have in your area it can be quite interesting.

But it is true, you need to research the industry that you want to do business.  Research it thoroughly,  For the money you invest and possibly loose will never come back.  Ukraine is a nice place, but it can be very unforgiving.

Thanks lot for your reply
your comment well noted and i should consider that in future, risk in business is everywhere and i want to start in low or medium level and based on the process and the outcome can be increased or to open new business channel, ideas are there but studying the market is the most important point before starting

i would interest if you have an idea to share here or on private messages, i'm looking for full move to Ukraine by 2017 and i hope to have some business running til i fully moved to Kiev.

Regards
Tamer

i live & work in Canada, Vancouver but do have IT connections with Ukraine. Just came back to Kharkov

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the Jobs in Ukraine section.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

If you are still trying to import, I can put you in contact with a buyer for 7 kilometers shopping area in Odessa.

Wayne