Mba job scope

I have already got immigration and planning to move to australia...I am a chartered accountant and worked in PWC..I am planning to do some more education which will have more acceptability here in austa...can any one tell that which would have more acceptability for job market here in australia. ...an mba from some good british university like LBS or local CPA ie australian CPA...any one?

risingsun786us wrote:

I have already got immigration and planning to move to australia...I am a chartered accountant and worked in PWC..I am planning to do some more education which will have more acceptability here in austa...can any one tell that which would have more acceptability for job market here in australia. ...an mba from some good british university like LBS or local CPA ie australian CPA...any one?

Welcome to the forum.

As you are moving to Australia I would suggest that any qualifications you get here in Australia would be much better accepted by prospective employers. That way you are in tune with local methodology etc.

I am a member of ICAEW and have been practising in Australia for the past 44 years.
Your first priority will be to join the Australian ICA. To do this, you must first pass exams in company law and taxation.
If you want to practise as a chartered accountant on your own, you will need registration as a tax agent. This will necessitate having passed exams in Australian taxation law and also having obtained some two years experience in Australian taxation.
I suggest that you join the Australian group of the ICAEW on LinkedIn.

Mate! I am SAP consultant but still I will try to add my 2 cent -->I have seen lot of CA/accountants migrating to Australia from which few have settled and few moved back. Whave I have seen the difference that few who moved back had very good practise running back in their home country or family sickness. I will suggest similar to the above comment that Join AUstralia Linkdin group and clear the Australian Exam which I guess you can do from your home country. Once you have registered Tax agent you can put AD in local News agency during June as the Tax searson starts 1st July (end of the year)

Good lUck

Thanks for your reply, really appreciate that...what is the scope of icaew members here in australia if they dont get any local degree?

Hi,
I have a great desire to do foreign job. So I want to join the group. I have 5 years banking job experience and completed honours and master degree in English medium. I am 33 years old. If you assure me for helping I will send you my resume.

Overseas degrees are recognised mostly. But where local content is required, a person may have to do topping-up studies, as with accounting.

Good day to all of you.

I have recently obtained immigration visa and planning to move to victoria, Australia early 2015
My current job specialization includes strategic planning, sales management, international marketing, business development, project management, business analysis and others.
I posses a BSc. and MBA from a reputable university in UK.
Wondering if there are any suitable jobs and industries which I can venture into?
Any indication on monthly/annual salary to assess household income and living expenses?

Thanks for the tip in advance.

familyguy2882 wrote:

Good day to all of you.

I have recently obtained immigration visa and planning to move to victoria, Australia early 2015
My current job specialization includes strategic planning, sales management, international marketing, business development, project management, business analysis and others.
I posses a BSc. and MBA from a reputable university in UK.
Wondering if there are any suitable jobs and industries which I can venture into?
Any indication on monthly/annual salary to assess household income and living expenses?

Thanks for the tip in advance.

Welcome to the forum

For jobs try www.seek.com.au
For cost of living www.numbeo.com
For salary www.payscale.com