HELP PLEASE: could we live with such salary package?

Hi everyone,

My husband just received an offer from a French bank based in Dubaï. The salary package is:

- salary: 22 000 AED  divided as follows: 60% salary and 30% rental coverage
- health insurance
- 1 flight back home per year for my husband and me

Actually, we live in Oman, a country we love. Leaving this place is heartbreaking but the salary they're offering to my husband is a bit more than the double he actually earns at his current job. I must admit that it's a bit hard for us to live in Oman with such a salary and it is impossible for me to find a job as the market is completely full in my field.

Though we went to Dubaï on vacation for few days, we don't know the city. That's why I'm asking for help: do you think we both can live properly in Dubai?

Knowing that:
- I'm a law school graduate (5 years at a French university + experience as a junior) thus I'm planning to look for a job there
- we don't have children
- we mainly eat at home (healthy and fresh food)
- we have a cat (in case such information is important)
- we don't live above our means
- we want to save money (which we can't do in Oman)
- but we want to enjoy Dubaï as much as possible, according to our means, and love going out to the beach, sports...
- none of us has a driving licence which means we will totally depend on public transport hence we need to live in an area where all amenities are reachable within a walk distance (especially metro and hypermarkets).

We are willing to live in a 1 bedroom flat or even a studio if abovementioned conditions are fulfilled (by the time I find a job).

What do you think? We're lost and we're hesitating a lot because it can be risky. I really don't want to struggle like I struggled the first months when we arrived in Oman...

Thank you all for your help!

Ibtissem

Yes- you can manage with this amount of salary.. easily

Salam Wajid,

Thank you very much for your much needed advice! Just a question, if I may ask: is DIFC (or near this area) is an expensive district (such as Marina or JBR)? Our max rent being 6 250 AED/month, it seems to be not enough.

Thanks again!

Hello sure u can do it 22k AED is very good package with housing... you know if u r eating everyday in very good resturant i believe u will pay maximum 8000 AED per month plus if u r willing to buy a car so u will pay around 2000 AED (good car) so i think all u have to pay per month covering all expenses around 11 to 12k AED per month (remember u r living very good life if u paid that much) and u can save the rest

Hi!

Thank you so much for your reply, I'll take any advice to make sure I'm taking the right decision. The most important is finding a correct flat with our conditions since it's very expensive there. We won't need to buy a car as we don't drive so it makes things a bit easier if we find a location near my husband's work.

Thanks again!!!

Where is ur husband work location first in dubai or abu dhabi?

Dubai, the company is based in DIFC. I've never been to this area.

I think you can stay in bur dubai or business bay

Greetings

Welcome to dubai, there r always good and bad things abt any place ,same as here.it depends on u how u wanna live ur life. Well simple stats might be helpfull like
1bedappt---60000 aed in decent locality annually jbr or marina will be 75 plus
Driving licence-cost u 3650 ( if u get it cleared in first attempt) if not again 725 need to added every time u appear for the test till u pass
U can giv french classes if ur native speaker its quite good income
Well u cant save money but its good to be here
Dont think too much just move it , things r much better as campared to oman
As i was in oman for 5 years and now 3 years in dubai

Welcome