Help finding info in Phnom Penh

5 months ago
Hello and good day. I am currently looking to travel to Phnom Penh for trade and trying to get some honest advice from expats or local people.  I am holding an event at a local hotel where we will be buying unwanted gold and silver jeweller for cash from the local people.  I am trying to find out if this kind event would be exceptable by locals, and also information on hotels and relevant newspapers. We have just finished three years in Indonesia and now looking to visit Cambodia next.

Any information I would appreciate.

Kind regards

Mark

What do you intend to do with the gold once you have purchased it. There may be a problem getting it out of the country. I see you are looking to purchase in other countries too so I would recommend checking this out.

Hey Stumpy. Yes we usually export ( MIB) back to the UK for recycling. We always get clearance before starting these events as as you stated, this might cause problems. We are speaking with authoraties at present so hopefully all OK. Can you recommend local newspaper other than the post to advertise in, also central safe hotel? I have read a few articles of gun crimes against jewellers, is this common?

Cheers

I am not in Cambodia so cannot give you up to date info but crimes against jewelers is common anywhere around the world. If your events are well patronised it may been seen as a target for thieves. I would be very careful as to security arrangements for the gold at the venue and where you intend to store it. It would not be in your best interests to keep it in your room.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

try to contact THe Phnom Penh Post...You can try Raffles Hotel or Phnom Penh Hotel or the Angkor International Hotel..SEe tripadvisor pages for reference about this hotels...