Traveling to Seoul - Any advice?Places to visit,good bars/restaurant..

Hey guys,

My 2 friends and I will be in Seoul from 10th to 15th of July. Can anyone recommend or advice us places to visit, things to do, good restaurants/bars, flea market (where we can buy cheap stuffs), also, a cheaper place to stay. Thank you! :)

Hey there, Insadong is probably your best bet to stay for a cheaper area. You can check out agoda.com and look around there. A couple reasons why I recommend it.

1) Cheaper area due to higher amount of tourists. Lots of guesthouses and hostels as well as higher end hotels.
2) Not only that, but there are lots of famous eateries, and sites to see within walking distance. IE Gyeongbukgong Palace, Bukchon Hanok Village, Insadong itself is a type of flea market - but not the cheapest. Cute cafes and food.
3) You are in the heart of seoul, so getting to night life in Hongdae is easy. Also getting to the real shopping paradise in Dongdaemun is also very close.

All in all you will most likely get the best value and location to everything by being in Insadong.

My second recommendation for both night life and shopping is Hongdae. Hongdae is a College town with lots of cute shopping as well. Only about 10 minutes away from insadong and most other sites so it is another awesome option..

Those are my two recommendations - if you have other questions feel free to check out Korea's tourism facebook page they have a lot of fun options. - facebook.com/koreatourism

Or you can check out ours as well and ask us questions and we can give you specific ideas based on what you want! facebook.com/boboandchichi

Enjoy your time in Korea -

Scott and Megan

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the recommendations :) I've also done some research and Insadong is definitely one of the places not to be missed! We've found a cheaper guesthouse near Shinsa Station, I think it's a good area too. Hoping this will be a great trip!

Cheers,
Hope