Would like to know more about Mexico City

I'm interested finding out about living in Mexico CIty. My partner accepted a job there, and so I should be a followersoon. He is American, I am Romanian-American, both speaking French and German. Kinda oddhowever, Spanish language and culture shouldn't bring us any obstacles. Meanwhile, my job in US keeps me knotted here
Somebody, anybody, help me decide..we are both teacherswhat should I do? can somebody convince me to leave California for Mexico City?

napoca555
"love and choose kindness"

Hello napoca555 and welcome on board :)

Please note that a new thread has been created as from your post on the Mexico City Forum so as to give you better response.

In order to help you make up your mind, I suggest you browse the net and gather every titbit of info on Mexico City and then you decide if you wish to go over there ;)

Here maybe you might want to read this article since you are a teacher too > Teaching English in Mexico : From Iowa to Reynosa, Mexico.

Regards

Kenjee

Strange question: you need CONVINCING? That is beyond the responsibility or capacity of any person replying here, plus you say nothing much about yourself. It is your decision. If the relationship is of primary importance in your life, that is a reply in itself - but your partner did not consult you??? Strange!! Where are you in California? It is a wonderful place to live, in general! Mexico City is  a very large city, very cultural, international, sophisticated, but also very costly, polluted, with gray buildings, lots of new development etc. There are charming areas too of course like Coyoacan but, again, it is not cheap to live in the nice areas, and generally English teachers are not paid well, in the language schools at least. You might find a better corporate or university position, depending on your qualifications and of course the availability of a post. It would be better to visit first. You sound scared, that is normal, but it would be a new enriching life experience - and Mexico is wonderful to explore! It is really up to you....and professional opportunities....