Long / med term renting & general. HELP !!!

Hi all

My wife and I with our 2 year old son are looking at moving med- long term to Montenegro. Exact location of my work has not been confirmed. Internet research on various key topics is proving difficult namely:

1.Long term renting seems difficult to find all the accommodation appears to be holiday renting only for the short term AND INDEED FURNISHED!

2. What is size of the UK expat community and where do they predominately live?

3.Where would you recommend living for a young family?

4.Availability of Doctors (pediatricians) and maternity hospitals

5. Family friendly place i.e.: preschool activities, mother / toddler groups?/ nurseries?

Any help would be welcome- ROB

charlie09 wrote:

1.Long term renting seems difficult to find all the accommodation appears to be holiday renting only for the short term AND INDEED FURNISHED!

2. What is size of the UK expat community and where do they predominately live?

- ROB

Hey Rob,

I've already given you a few tips by PM, but in case it helps others, here is a bit more input from me on the first 3 points.

1. Even though most of the rental accomodations are furnished, I'm pretty sure if you were to sign a 1 or 2 years lease with the owner of an apartment, you could arrange to have their furniture removed for that time. It is not so impossible to get owners to rent their property to you year round*, but you need to insist to have a contract signed (seems obvious maybe but it is absolutely not systematic here) and stamped/certified at the municipality. In any case you will need this if you are going to apply for a residence permit

* indeed, owners who rent year-round end up earning about the same as if they were renting only 2 or 3 months in the summer, without the hassle of having to take care of change-overs. For ex. if you were to pay 80 EUR/night for 3 summer months (7200 EUR) you would expect to rent year-round at around 600 EUR/month.

As I told you before a list of agents offering long-term rentals can be found here
[] but usually agencies are not too keen to take care of rentals as it is a lot of work for a very low return.

My advice for long-term rentals is the local listings in the magazine OGLASI that you can find for 1 EUR in all tobacco shops. There are many adverts "na duzi period" (for long-term).

Main problem according to me on the rental apartments in Montenegro is the lack of quality (including unproper heating system and bad insulation which can end up in very high utility bills in the winter).

2. I believe a majority of the UK expat community live in the Boka Kotorska (Boka Bay) but many must also be in Pogorica. The British Embassy can probably give you more info on this. British Embassy in Podgorica

3. Personnally, I'd recommend the Boka Bay, especially the Tivat Riviera (a lot sunnier than the other 2 inner Bays) and also Lustica Peninsula if you like to have a lot of nature around.

I hope that helped a little and that others will be able to help on the other points.

Hi Rob,

answer from user Tsarine was pretty good, I would just like to comment that name of magazine is "Tender oglasi" where you can find easy some long therm rent apartments.
Useful tips for choosing are that you have to consider that winter here is not with such low temperatures, usually not a single day with below 0, but sure they are cold, but heating is not so well organized in apartments for rent, and also they are generally not prepared for winter, so think about it when you start choosing it. Also, temperatures during summer are really nice, hot, but not like in the city, if your apartment is not exposed directly to Sun, so consider that too when start choosing it.

charlie09 wrote:

Hi all

4.Availability of Doctors (pediatricians) and maternity hospitals

[email protected] Stan, native english, I'm pretty shure this guy can help you.

2, 3 and 4. At this time, Tivat is the best place to live. Porto Montenegro with their activities, expats community, pediatric clinic (Mansa Medika).

Feel free to ask more :)

Hi, My father is looking to let a stunning beachfront 3 bedroom apartment - which has been refurbished to a high specification - here are his details - he is in Montenegro right now and can take calls. This is ideal for a family.

Duplex 3 bedroom flat with a separate kitchen diner and a large terrace skerping accomodation top gloor with bathroom and balconies: family dream place

650e pw

Utility bills extra

Contact 0038269489679

thanks!
Angela

P.s there is a major hospital around the corner - and all the local ammenties you could need.

Hi,

where can I find more details about property?

Hi Rob
If you'll be moving to Podgorica I can help with anything.

WE moved from Israel last year with 2 kids so we're pretty settled in with our apartment and the international community.

Send me a PM and I'll introduce you to some internationals who live here. We also have another apt we are renting (3bd) in Podgorica. It's fully furnished, nice location and parking included.

Let me know if Podgorica is your base in Montenegro.
Thanks
Tijana

you moved from Israel to where ?

hello hassona,

Can you please tell us to whom are you communicating to?

Thank you
Yuveshen