Need advice !

Hi Everyone,

Have just come across this forum and looks like a really friendly community to be a part of.  My girlfriend and I are moving to Mexico Guadalajara in 6 months from Australia.  My Girlfriend is Mexican and her family live there.  I have never left Aus before and was hoping to get as much info as I can before we leave.

Need advice on things such as visa's, nice play to stay, type of work I can find?

I am currently an IT support person and my spanish at the moment is no bueno.........i am hoping to eventually become a permanent resident one day but in the mean time would like to be working as much as possible as well.

Again hola and any advice is much appreciated.

Gracias

Welcome, you will enter on a 180 day tourist visa, which does not allow you to work. Many work on line, with payroll deposited in their homeland acct., many sites will give you oodles of data, and then you wing it on arrival, such as appropriate housing etc.Expatslivinginmexico on FB.......Craigslist can give you ballpark idea of costs and availability of rentals. Most everywhere furnished. Good luck mates

Hi Jeff82

Please note that we have created a new thread as from your post on the Mexico Forum for better visibility and interaction :)

Thank you

Maximilien