Moving to Austria from India

Hi,

We are planning to relocate to vienna,austria next month, and we are from delhi.
Would really appreciate if you could help in letting know some info about that place.
a) Are there much Indians in Vienna
b) We speak only English and Hindi, with absolutely no knowledge of German, how easy or difficult it would be to live in vienna without knowing German
c) We have young kids, do the schools there welcome expat kids
d) Would leaving India, and settling in Vienna be worthwhile?

Any other info, about this place would be be really helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Santushti

ruchiblossom wrote:

Hi,

We are planning to relocate to vienna,austria next month, and we are from delhi.
Would really appreciate if you could help in letting know some info about that place.
a) Are there much Indians in Vienna
b) We speak only English and Hindi, with absolutely no knowledge of German, how easy or difficult it would be to live in vienna without knowing German
c) We have young kids, do the schools there welcome expat kids
d) Would leaving India, and settling in Vienna be worthwhile?

Any other info, about this place would be be really helpful.

Thanks in advance,
Santushti

I do know a few Indians in Vienna, I can not comment on how many there is in total though. Its no problem that you dont speak German, as English is widly spoken around Vienna. German is really spoken in the smaller towns. In saying that it is recomended that you do learn German. There are lots of schools that teach it to Adults.

I dont have any children so can't comment on about expats and schooling. But I have been in Austria 5 years and moved over from the UK:

I have never looked back.

Thanx so much Sim city for your reply!
This was indeed helpful!