Advise needed before relocation to johannesburg!

Hi Julien !

Nice to hear from you.

Currently I am settled in India. My husband is an IT professional. He is planning to change his job & would be required to work in Johannesburg for 1.5 yrs. I have two daughters. Our main concern is that whether it would be the right move to relocate as a family to South Africa for such short duration. My husband would be moving by this yr end. If decided, we will join him next yr by April.

With your experience in Johanesburg, please help us to take this decision. It is a major relocation in the sense that I would have to leave my job in India & children will leave their school.

Hello Jamun  :cheers:

kindly note that a new thread has been created as from your post on the Johannesburg Forum so as to help you get better interactions.

Regards

Kenjee

Hi Jamun,

Hope you are well. I am a South African Citizen, with Non-SA citizens in SA once contracts are over it is really difficult to find Employment. In SA companies want to be able to follow the BBEEE laws in terms of hiring which makes it difficult for Non-SA citizens there after.

If your husband can secure a more longer contract it may be feasible for you to move with your family.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Anisha