Getting married in Morocco

I met him in facebook..one of my  niece friends as ofw..in Kuwait.. recently just been there to meet him but was engaged with him  one year....he proposed marriage  this December...got home only two weeks got a bad news..the mother of his child ..took him to court demanding marriage...the child is 5 years old....
       Back to meeting him...the first house of relatives we visit was his son..the mother of his son is his first cousin...everything seems alright ....with her....I have my son with me and his girlfriend at the time...rest of visit to other  relatives around Morocco I say it is very unique experience...We laughs a lots  sing dance and we eat great foods....i felt there sincere honesty towards me...inspites of language barriers....we  are family as is....how could he marry me if the law clearly says...you have to marry that woman whom you father a child...

Forget about it.

Don't marry this person. You already see all these complications with the previous girlfriend suing him and so on, but you say that you want to carry on. That's not a sensible position. Nor is marrying someone that you just met on FaceBook. It's a recipe for disaster.

And the family will be fabulous towards you, that's normal, they see a wonderful opportunity for their son and, by extension, them. This philandering man will dump you the second he has a residence permit or nationality in the States.

Hello everyone, I am a Moroccan citizen in a relationship with a Canadian girl. We are planning to get engaged in three months, and would like to know how long it will take to get married in Morocco. We have been in a relationship for about two years online. I also would like to know if it is necessary for her to be employed before we can get married. Thanks in advance

musta-achebi wrote:

Hello everyone, I am a Moroccan citizen in a relationship with a Canadian girl. We are planning to get engaged in three months, and would like to know how long it will take to get married in Morocco. We have been in a relationship for about two years online. I also would like to know if it is necessary for her to be employed before we can get married. Thanks in advance

Is she a Muslim? Or of Moroccan descent?

I just can't quite grasp the idea of having "been in a relationship for about two years online" and wanting to get married. Have you met her? If not, how can you possibly know that you are compatible? Or is this a sort of new-fangled arranged marriage?

As for the rest of your question, you are Moroccan and you have all the resources to find much of your query out at your disposal. Otherwise there are several recent threads here dealing with exactly your situation, so I advise you to have a look back at them.

Hi
I want to get marry in Morocco. What i need from the police in uk . I dont know what I need. And How I get the Papers

Hello Sadia. Why do you want to get married in Morocco if you are from the UK?

Because in Morocco live the man I love .we plan to marry this year

Hi all!!
I am going to marry Moroccan Muslim man. I am non Muslim from Ukraine. Who csn help me which papers I should bring with me from Ukraine and what type of visa I have to open?
Thanks a lot for any help!:)

Mariam_moroc wrote:

Hi all!!
I am going to marry Moroccan Muslim man. I am non Muslim from Ukraine. Who csn help me which papers I should bring with me from Ukraine and what type of visa I have to open?

You have spent a lot of time together, I take it? He has an income and a good job to support you? He has property? You are of roughly the same age?

If the answer to any one of these questions is "No", then forget about it.

If the answers are all "Yes", there are loads of threads here with advice on how to do this.

sadia28 wrote:

Because in Morocco live the man I love .we plan to marry this year

You have spent a lot of time together, I take it? He has an income and a good job to support you? He has property? You are of roughly the same age?

If the answers are all "Yes", there are loads of threads here with advice on how to do this.

laduqesa wrote:
Mariam_moroc wrote:

Hi all!!

Yes. Answers are yes. We have almost the same age. He has good job. But I just wonder why is it matter so much???

Hi is any 1 can help me  plz ? I m  from Turkey I live in uk  I  have Turkish pasport.  I have all my papers ready  . I divorced in Turkey 10 years ago I have the Turkish court  divorce paper     All this paper must be Transkei in Arabic  and has legalised forigen Afair office  and send it to Moroccon Embasy in London to authorised  is this rigt ? Also my bank statedment and all other documents  needs to be legalised or not it all complicated   What do  I must do 😞😞😞

Mesut no one can tell you this apart from your own embassy or the UK embassy there us a good website immigration boards. Com they may help with this even then it's not secure information also what are your papers for I take it you're marrying a morroccan?

Best of luck

Mesut oncel wrote:

Hi is any 1 can help me  plz ? I m  from Turkey I live in uk  I  have Turkish pasport.  I have all my papers ready  . I divorced in Turkey 10 years ago I have the Turkish court  divorce paper     All this paper must be Transkei in Arabic  and has legalised forigen Afair office  and send it to Moroccon Embasy in London to authorised  is this rigt ? Also my bank statedment and all other documents  needs to be legalised or not it all complicated   What do  I must do 😞😞😞

What is all this for? Are you marrying a Moroccan?

I am looking for some beneficial guidance to be married / register my marriage in Morocco.
Scenerio 1: if I am legally married in another country to my Moroccan wife how do I register the marriage in Morocco, the city named Sale.
Scenerio 2: if I get married in Morocco, Sale,
a) what is the document affidavit of marriage from the US consulate?
B) Anyone have a phone number of a lawyer or an individual who doesn't charge an arm and a leg to move the process of marriage from A-Z .
c) Letter of employment history, what is that? A letter from my employer stating the length of employment and gross salary sufficient....
d) all documents from the States, I.e. employment letter, police report, birth certificate, etc do I have to notarize it and have the State department seal it and finally the Moroccan embassy to notarized it before I go to Morocco?
E.

Hello All,

I have a question. Does all this registering need to be really done even if I don't want to live in Morocco in the future? My Fiancé and I just want to get married and have the cleric sign the Islamic Marriage Contract, we are both muslim but I'm of American nationally.

I know one of my friends was married in Pakistan and the process of getting married was simply visiting the Imam and getting the marriage certificate signed. This was then translated to English/Notarized and used by USCIS as proof of marriage. 

I'm just wondering if the same process can be followed in morocco?

In a word no its very complicated there you will need to check for your own nationality

Thank you Aicha for your response. I have another questions, is the FBI report sufficient or do I need one from my state as well? Thank you

The FBI report suffices.  There is no need to get a state report too.

Thank you for your response! :-)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for everyones input into this thread, as I I have picked up some really usefull information.

I am dutch and have just received mixed marriage permission from the court to marry and am looking for a decent Adoul in Rabat (the one we were using before really screwed us around and I don't want to go back). Did anybody have a good experience with a specific Adoul, specifically one that knows how to speak English. Also, does anybody know what the turn around is from signing the marriage certificate to getting it processed?

thanks in advance

Tempuser,
Form my husband and myself this was the final step. It took 3 days from the time we sat down to write the contract draft with the adoul  to the day we were able to have the typed and completely legalized stamped verion in our hands. I believe anywhere from 2 to 5 days is fairly typical for a normal turn around time in most parts of Morocco.

So I realize your post is way old so I dont know if you will get this reply or not, but anyway. I am a born U.S. citizen planning to marry a Moroccan man. I have been working on gathering all the paperwork I need that is listed on the embassy website. Can you tell me if I need to have any of the documents notarized or anything like that?

Also, to get a criminal background check done here in Indiana, every police station and court house that I have been sent to tell me that I have to go online and print it off. Would this be accepted in Morocco? Or do I have to have the criminal record from the FBI?

And last but not least...Once I arrive in Morocco, how long will all of the paperwork-running-around take before we can marry?

And if it matters...we are both Muslim and single.

Hiya

Yep i am still around and happy to answer any questions that might come up! :)

Yes so with all your papers you will need to have them notarized by a lawyer.

Regarding criminal records its would be fine for you to print them online (i dont think you would need one from the FBI, but i would call the Moroccan embassy accredited to USA just to make sure!) me myself coming from New zealand we don't have FBI or any sort of special police so i just got a plain criminal record and then of course had in notarized.

and for your final question of how long it takes...i would give yourself anywhere up to 3 months at the least (unless you or your partner know someone high in the ranks of law and police) otherwise it will take ages. we knew a head of police and a administrator within the courts who helped us speed up the process.
we did the process all in agadir but i think if you are doing it in larger cities (rabat or casablanca) the process can take even longer...its definetely not something you can do within a couple of weeks.

Make sure your partner has all of their stuff up to date as well.

and make sure you both have certificates stating you are muslim rather then going with nothing.

Hi
Can non muslim get married to a non muslim in morocco. . We are both british

jaishjjj wrote:

Hi
Can non muslim get married to a non muslim in morocco. . We are both british

Then get married in Britain. Quicker, cheaper, easier...simple.

One would assume that one can, as there are Moroccan Jews and Moroccan Christians and they can marry.  Your question might better be asked:  "Can 2 foreign, non-Muslims get married in Morocco?"  Also, the bureaucracy will drive you CRAZY!    m2cw     m

the Government does not recognize Moroccan Christians.

What kind of messed up government is that. It would be odd if it recognizes Jews but not Christians. Both religions and others should be recognized. Last I checked, Morocco isn't Saudi. Very strange to hear that.

What does "recognise" mean in this context? Doesn't recognise that they exist or doesn't recognise that they are Christians?

Anyway, Wiki states (with back-up sources):--

"Christians in Morocco constitute approximately 1.1% (~380,000) of the country's population", that is, ones who didn't necessarily convert.

and this:--

"According to different estimates, there are about 25,000-45,000 Moroccan Christians of Berber or Arab descent mostly converted from Islam". Apparently these are recent conversions.

That didn't  answer my question.

Can anybody else help?

Why don't you ask the Moroccan Embassy? That seems the logical, intelligent thing to do.

jaishjjj wrote:

That didn't  answer my question.

Can anybody else help?

Seeing that you live in London, if you're not too far, you can pop in at the Consulate, which is off Edgware road, opposite St.Mary's Hospital, and ask them any questions you have, which is what I've done in the past. They should be able to answer it.

Do you have a citation for your statement that "the Government does not recognize Moroccan Christians."?

That doesn't matter as he isn't Moroccan. Anyway jaishjjj, most Brits get married in Morocco only because they are forced to, as they can't bring over their Moroccan partner to get married here, which is what they would of preferred to do, to avoid the hassle of getting married there. In my opinion, seeing from the experience of others, it's a waste of time and money getting married there. It's frustrating with all the papers they require. And then the papers need to get translated, and paying for all sorts of bull. In general, it's not a pleasant experience. So I would think twice before starting the process there.

If you were born to Muslim parents( father ), you are automatically muslim for life. Yes, you can always convert to something else, but you can never do it officially. There thousands of Moroccan Christians but they can only meet behind closed doors. It's like a ( don't ask don't tell ) policy. As for Moroccan Jews, they can trace their ancestry.
" There are no legal mechanisms that recognize the country's Christian community in the same way the state recognizes its Jewish community."
http://morocco.usembassy.gov/eng_morocc … eport.html

That is a contradiction to the religion, as it states believe if you want, or disbelieve if you want. In other-words, you're free to become whatever you want. So it should be legally recognized, and certainly is more preferable than having hypocrites.

Thank you

The british consulate in morrocco  have said iwe can get married there but the morrocan consulate  in the uk are saying we can't because we are non residents

👊