Job offer - Consultant Doctor at Salmaniya Medical Complex

Greetings!

My wife and I are both doctors. We have been offered jobs at the Salmaniya Medical Complex as Consultants in our respective fields.

The salary offered per month is xxx BD for me and xxx BD for my wife. Accommodation is on our own. Is this a good salary package? Is there room for more negotiation?

Other benefits:
1. 36 hour work week
2. To and fro airfare for entire family
3. 75% of school fees for children
4. Health insurance

Anything else that we need to consider?

Eagerly waiting for your replies....

WOW what a fantastic job offer for both of you. Salmaniya has been in the papers a heck of a lot for bad judgements causing deaths etc so they probably realised they needed the best!!!

You can get very good accommodation for around BD600 or up to BD2000 a month but choose carefully and negotiate!!!

Transportation, annual bonus, return flights at end of job doesn't seem to be covered but everything else seems to have been.

Well done both of you and enjoy Bahrain.

Josnuggles wrote:

WOW what a fantastic job offer for both of you. Salmaniya has been in the papers a heck of a lot for bad judgements causing deaths etc so they probably realised they needed the best!!!

You can get very good accommodation for around BD600 or up to BD2000 a month but choose carefully and negotiate!!!

Transportation, annual bonus, return flights at end of job doesn't seem to be covered but everything else seems to have been.

Well done both of you and enjoy Bahrain.

Thanks. We will definitely need to talk about annual bonus in the offer. Transportation is included in the lumpsum offer. Air tickets for the entire family at the start of the contract and at the end are included. The contract is for one year, renewable with mutual consent

Sounds like you have it sorted. Annual Bonus and vacation flights (one per year) may not happen unless you negotiate a 2 year contract which about the normal length for the Middle East.

Maybe they are trying to get out of paying these benefits by reducing your contract time - Annual bonus is compulsory so fight for a 2 year contract if you can to ensure the above are included.

Good luck

This is definitely a fantastic package, especially if you combine both of yours. You will save significant amount of money and will be able to rent pretty much a castle here :) Enjoy.

Agree, fantastic package. Is this the medical centre that runs the ambulance service in Bahrain?

Thanks, Josnuggles, Brightonguy and silver356.

Dear 5hutterbug,

You are so lucky mate, congratulations. I have been in love with a girl from Bahrain since 2009. We went great guns in Sydney, Australia until she went back to her country in August 2012. Ever since, our relationship has been going downwards. In a desperate effort to save my relationship, I went to Bahrain late last year and things seemed to be back to normal for a little bit but soon after things fell apart again. I am well settled in Australia as a Medical Researcher (Bioinformatician/computational chemist). However, I am unable to find a position that matches my skill-set in Bahrain despite best efforts for quite some time now. I feel and know for sure that me moving to Bahrain is the only way I can save my love. Unfortunately, I have not been as lucky as you are. So, I was wondering if you could help me in any which way possible. I will forever be grateful to you mate. I am happy to send you my CV if need be.

Thank you so much for your time, it is much appreciated.

Apologies if this message has caused any inconvenience.

Take care and God Bless you all.

Best Regards,

@ jmkhan3 > Please note that you have posted on quite an old thread here.

I suggest you to read this article, i think that it may help you : All about Jobs and Work in Bahrain.

You may also post your CV in the Jobs in Bahrain section as well in order to raise your chances but make sure to choose the category that suits you the best.

I really wish that you will succeed and be able to save your love !  :par:
Good luck then.

Cheers

Priscilla  :cheers:

I am Dr. Mahera, Consultant Histopathologist working in dammam KSA. I need to ask that how can i apply for Salmaniya Hospital Bahrain?

In box me please.

you can post the information here .... may be its useful for other participants as well...... its a collective page and we all should share these useful information and experience here.....thanks

@5hutterbug how i can.apply for dpt

Hello Ahsan,

Unfortunately the member 5hutterbug is no longer active on the  forum.

I invite you to start a new thread on the Bahrain forum to ask your questions.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

[DISCUSSION CLOSED]

Closed