Learn Arabic: Where?

Hi, I now need to learn Arabic. Is there any good place in and around Khobar where I can learn the correct Arabic (reading, writing and speaking)?

How much do they usually cost and how difficult is it to learn to the language?

I've been here in KSA for like more than a year now, and it just so happens that in my office we speak English most of the time, and so I didn't really see the need to learn the Arabic language then. But now I do! So I would appreciate any of your advice.

Thank you and advance!

Cheers!

Dear gonzrule

I can give you a good offer, we can benefit each other, I can simply teach you how to (Speak, Read and Write) Arabic and you help me increasing my English speaking skill which I really need to, you never know it could be better for us.

Waiting for your replay

Regards

Ahmed

Well that would be nice.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Please register your services in the business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello everybody,

Wonderful offer from brother Ahmad, to teach Arabic in return of English, there is no harm in getting started, at least you will be good friends.

I am some how against "commercial exploitation of Arabic language" , I ethically believe two areas of our life ( Education and Health) should have nothing to do with making a profit or a loss.

I am emailing you some names and addresses of institutions which have been established for years and you will learn Arabic free of charge.

Lastly, let me narrate that learning a language is a life long pursuit, you will definitely get guidance from the school or the institute, the real learning begins when you interact on line.

I am posting some links at your email address.

Hi Gonzrule,

Just remembered an important aspect of learning a language:

Irrespective of the level of sincerity of your Arabic speaking friend, if he is not "trained" to take you through the complexity and initial hurdles of confusion. You may be" put off"  of the whole idea of learning Arabic thinking that it is too difficult, too different  and "not for me".

Arabic by the way is regarded as the 2nd most difficult language to learn ( any body guess what is the No. 1 most difficult language?)

So the moral of the story is a) Go to professionals for learning b) do not start throwing away you money on some thing which is available free in Saudi Arabia. c) for additional practice talk to your friends in arabic, spend some time on line also.

riazcdki wrote:

Hi Gonzrule,

Just remembered an important aspect of learning a language:

Irrespective of the level of sincerity of your Arabic speaking friend, if he is not "trained" to take you through the complexity and initial hurdles of confusion. You may be" put off"  of the whole idea of learning Arabic thinking that it is too difficult, too different  and "not for me".

Arabic by the way is regarded as the 2nd most difficult language to learn ( any body guess what is the No. 1 most difficult language?)

So the moral of the story is a) Go to professionals for learning b) do not start throwing away you money on some thing which is available free in Saudi Arabia. c) for additional practice talk to your friends in arabic, spend some time on line also.

Thanks for your feedback on this topic. I'm also interested in learning, would it be possible for you to also send me the names and addresses?

Thanks in advance

(Moderated: please post in the language classes in Khobar section)

Assalam alaikum,...Please can you e-mail me....i want to learn arabic ...my main intention in learning the language is to understand  the holy quran.

thanks
mahboob.

Hello mmb2you and MMexpat,

I have posted my email address at your PMs.

Please note in order to begin Arabic Learning, there are 3 categories of  students:

a) Westerners ( english speakers)  who will begin by learning Arabic Alphabets, their name, sounds, writing.

b) Muslims who know the Arabic script, recite Quran, prayers.

c) Students who read speak and write Urdu/Farsi/Dari/Kurdi , these language have lots of root words and vocabulary in common.

Request for members before sending me a pm, kindly mention a little of your back ground, so that I could advise you accurately.

Good luck with your Arabic, I bet you will fall in love with it :heart::heart::heart:

Assalamu aleikom,
One of the brothers wrote here that you can learn arabic for free in Saudi Arabia? I would love to know where is that, if you're kind. I try learning arabic ever since i moved in arabic country(4 years ago) but untill now i cannot writte, read or speak properly. I can understand like 80% thou'.

Hello , As salam o Alakum,

I am glad to see your interest in Arabic, firstly read the contents of message no 11 above and try to classify yourself in one of the three categories and stay in touch with me through PM, I am messaging you my email also in case you have difficulty.

I will suggest you a curriculum based on your background and level. As an answer to your comment that you can speak 80 % of Arabic, kindly review my blog posted earlier:
(Hello Felxxxx,

You may have your own observation and I respect you having some views but beg to differ slightly.

As an air hostess you may watch a Boeing 747 pilot fly it for years but if you ever think that by doing so you could one day fly the plane your self ( I saw it happening in a movie though!   :unsure ). you would be fooling your self.

Learning a language is a very serious and professional pursuit. It involves a step by step training, understanding and practice of Alphabets, pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar.

Specially Arabic which is regarded as number 2 most difficult language of the world out of the 360 odd most popular languages registered at the UN., deserves a more serious approach! unquote

riazcdki wrote:

Hello , As salam o Alakum,

I am glad to see your interest in Arabic, firstly read the contents of message no 11 above and try to classify yourself in one of the three categories and stay in touch with me through PM, I am messaging you my email also in case you have difficulty.

I will suggest you a curriculum based on your background and level. As an answer to your comment that you can speak 80 % of Arabic, kindly review my blog posted earlier:
(Hello Felxxxx,

You may have your own observation and I respect you having some views but beg to differ slightly.

As an air hostess you may watch a Boeing 747 pilot fly it for years but if you ever think that by doing so you could one day fly the plane your self ( I saw it happening in a movie though!   :unsure ). you would be fooling your self.

Learning a language is a very serious and professional pursuit. It involves a step by step training, understanding and practice of Alphabets, pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar.

Specially Arabic which is regarded as number 2 most difficult language of the world out of the 360 odd most popular languages registered at the UN., deserves a more serious approach! unquote

I have sent an email already. Thanks

Thanks, Replied :)

Hi Riaz,

I'm very interested in learning Arabic. I live in Khobar and I hardly use arabic at work. Would you kindly share any relevant information where I could take arabic lessons. I'd be very thankful for that.

Thanks

Hello As salamo alakum Sal,

I am happy to see that you are interested in learning Arabic. It starts as a hobby and soon becomes an addiction,  kindly classify your self in the categories mentioned in message no. 11 above, and PM me with  a paragraph on " Why do I want to learn Arabic".

I will send you all the relevant sites with reference to the course material,  there are some books too which are available in Khobar, but if you have printing facility, you may not need the books.

Do not worry, I am only a call away.

Ma' Salamah

riaz  :)

I may be interested.  I will send resume.

Thanks, I sent you a PM. :)

Greeting!!!

Any one could teach me arabic language, In return I may exchange into English language..
I'm here in Dhahran street , alkhobar ..pls mail me at [email protected]
Thanks.

Barry

I am teacher of arabic

Hello good day I am english speaker  who will begin by learning Arabic Alphabets, their name, sounds, writing.

As of now I can write in arabic and read them really slow. That's the first thing I studied. I am just 2 months in Saudi. I stopped though because I was discouraged when some saudi said they can't understand my accent. But now I want to learn it again because I need to interact with my patients to give proper care. Thanks

Dear Sir,

I am also interest in learning Arabic and so request you to send me the link also.

Regards,

Asalam o Alaikum

I am a Pakistani muslim having Urdu as my primary language. I want to learn Arabic for better understanding of Quran. I am residing in Al Khobar, Saudi currently and want to know some good sources for Arabic and Quran (tajweed) learning.
My email address is ***

Regards
Sajid

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Sajid,

Please  note that this is quite an old thread. It would be better if you drop an advert in the Language classes in Khobar section of the website.

All the best,
Bhavna

Brother Ahmad, I am searching for a good institute where I can learn Arabic speaking. I live at Khobar .Could you please help me ?
[link moderated]

@riazcdki assalamu.alaikum, i am indonesian who recently moved to khobar. Would love to learn arabic as well. Can you pls send me the detail where i can learn arabic. Jazaakallah khair

@riazcdki

I want to learn Arabic too. Please suggest a good institution where I can interact and learn to speak Arabic. I will be highly obliged for your kindness.

@gonzrule I am learning using duolingo app, which will be helpful to learn lots of languages.

Hi can anyone meet up with me in person to help me learn spoken arabic

Hello acegenious,

Welcome to expat.com!

Do you live in Khobar?

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

yes I live in Khobar

@acegenious

Hello,

I am currently based in Ajman UAE.

I can definitely guide you on line on a step by step course to master Arabic.

Kindly pm.