Best place to live with family near to Isatown

Anyone advise which is the best place to live with family near to Isatown. As my kids are going to study in Indian school. Cost of rent 350 - 400BHD.

cyrilant wrote:

Anyone advise which is the best place to live with family near to Isatown. As my kids are going to study in Indian school. Cost of rent 350 - 400BHD.

Hi Cyril

There was a similar question recently to which I responded. The same response will be useful to you as well. It's below:

Farhaz wrote:

Rakesh - if your place of work is near the Bapco Refinery, then I strongly recommend you checking out the following areas to live: 1) East Riffa, 2) West Riffa, 3) Riffa Views, 4) Sanad, 5) Hajjiyat. All of these are a few minutes from the Refinery. Also take a look at Isa Town and A'ali (both of which are about 10 minutes away).

And if your kids will attend schools with Indian curriculum, then it makes sense to be in and around this area since the main Indian schools are in Isa Town and West Riffa.

Areas (1) through (5) above are completely safe and trouble free. Isa Town and A'ali are safe but there are tyre-burning incidents sometimes.

And to add to that, you should be able to find reasonably comfortable accommodation in these areas for the rent budget you have quoted.

Hi
Thanks as always man. One great advise from you guys. I am a permanent resident in Singapore but I am alone. But now I got a good employment option in Bahrain with family.

With regard to job everything I am fine with it. But with regard to country stability, peacefulness etc... am not sure about. So how do you advise me leaving Singapore (am alone family in India) to Bahrain with family is advisable or keep hold of Singapore is the best option.

Kindly advise in terms living conditions, stability since it is middle east and recent turmoil Iraq.

cyrilant wrote:

Hi
Thanks as always man. One great advise from you guys. I am a permanent resident in Singapore but I am alone. But now I got a good employment option in Bahrain with family.

With regard to job everything I am fine with it. But with regard to country stability, peacefulness etc... am not sure about. So how do you advise me leaving Singapore (am alone family in India) to Bahrain with family is advisable or keep hold of Singapore is the best option.

Kindly advise in terms living conditions, stability since it is middle east and recent turmoil Iraq.

Its your choice really.

If you like what you are doing in Singapore and wish to hold on to your PR then you should think hard about your decision. Bahrain is no Singapore. That's for sure.

If you earn a reasonable income, then you can maintain a fairly good standard of living in Bahrain. But do be clear in your mind that these are two different places and your expectations of Bahrain need to be realistic. I do not know much about Singapore and hence not able to provide proper comparison of living conditions and stability.

As for regional turmoil, trouble in Iraq is too far away from Bahrain for now.

Good luck with your decision.

Thanks as always for the same. My PR expires another 3 years time. So I would like to explore Bahrain. Check with you guys. I will be coming down during last week of August.

If anyone feel comfortable,if you can share your contact no.,  I would be grateful, to contact you to get some assistance to find an apartment for myself single (near Isa Town or Manama).

For the first 7 days, they told they will give some assistance.

Regards and wishes

Antony.

Hi Antony

For clarity, I requested the admins to move your question to a separate discussion thread rather than piggy back on the other discussion.

Now to answer your question:

The best way for you to look for apartments is to get in touch with a property negotiator once you are here. Also take a look at the classifieds in the "Gulf Daily News", a popular newspaper in Bahrain. (Their website is: gulf-daily-news.com) That will give you a good idea of apartments available on rent. In addition, the website: bahrainpropertyworld.com also is a good source.

I doubt if anyone will share their numbers with you at this stage. And even if we do, the best we could do is provide you advise. I remember you telling me who your employer will be in Bahrain (which happens to be the same as mine). They have a good HR team and I am sure they will be able to put you in touch with good property negotiators. Let me know closer to your date of arrival and I also could introduce you to some property agents.  Best wishes.

Thanks man, for your valuable time on this. I got it. Eagerly awaiting for my assignment in Bahrain. Update you once I reach there.

All the best. God Bless.

Thanks.  And best wishes to you too.