Taxes, visas and other sundry items

So i am sure some of these have been answered in other posts (I have read many) but my situation is somewhat unique so wanted to ask the questions anew.

Canadian.  Currently living/working in USA.  I am looking to take a job that has me working overseas 28 on 28 off.  I will be paid in USD from a company based in USA.

Last I heard if you are resident of panama you dont pay taxes on any income earned overseas.  I also saw some posts where they changed this but that it might be repealed.  Any comments on this?  Canada taxes based on residency so I would not be liable for canadian taxes so it is really just Panama that I need to worry about.

I have wife and 2 kids.  Wife wont work but kids need school.  Any ideas on costs (approximate)?  They would be grade 1 and kindergarten. 

I am told there is some kind of new "friendly country" visa which is relatively simple to get.  comments?

We would be renting and still unsure of where (we need to do a reckie trip first).  What is best option for very high speed internet and access to parks/playgrounds etc?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I can't answer all of your questions sorry, but I can tell you that the internet speed varies greatly by neighborhood and provider.  My advice is to choose a neighborhood you like first (if you like parks, I would recommend somewhere with handy access to the Cinta Costera), then ask your neighbors and other expats living in the area which provider they use.  Provider coverage varies per neighborhood! (it's not consistent across the City).
I can also tell you the friendly nations visa can be relatively cheap and easy to get, if you have the right lawyer.  If not, it can be expensive and time consuming.  Ask around for reliable, speedy lawyers.
Good luck!

Thank you!

[Moderaed: No free ad]