Establishing a small dairy farm

I'm looking to establish a small dairy farm that I would hopefully be able to pass on to a community or family to run and sustain.

I have the knowledge and access to land. I just need to get to know if anyone knows where I can buy cows from within Nepal or will I just need to Import them.

email me on [email protected] If you have any knowledge or pointers on the subject.

thanks

I don't know much about where to buy cows from, but they are everywhere in Nepal. They are constantly roaming the streets in Kathmandu. In fact, there is even a small, family-run "farm" 2 blocks away from me. So I don't think there is a need to import them unless the ones that are offered to you in Nepal are not up to your standards, which may very well be the case. I've been told that you can buy a cow for around 50000-60000 rupees. Though I was told that via hearsay. I hope this all helps.

You can easily get cow in Nepal.

[Moderated: Please use your pm]

I think the cows you are looking for are Jersey cows? try contacting these guys
Nepal Agricultural Research Council (NARC)
Singhadurbar Plaza, Kathmandu
Post Box No. 5459, Kathmandu, Nepal
Phone: 977-1-4256837, 4262650, 4262567
Fax : 977-1-4262500
Email : [email protected]

They will give you information on where to get the cows you are looking for

and also there is a website: milkmandu.com , i order milk from there. visit the farmers market on saturday at 1905 in the mornings if you want to increased your network.