Dental treatment costs(cavity filling, extraction, root canal)

hi,

I might need to continue the treatment of my teeth in Bahrain before my insurance becomes effective and I would like to ask a couple of questions about the cost of dental treatments in Bahrain for example:

How much dose the following procedures cost
- teeth cleaning
- Extraction
- Cavity filling ( amalgam, Composit ..)
- Root canal

Thank you very much for your information I know that the prices can vary from a dentist to an other and also depending on the complexity of the treatment as well

PS: I have hereditary weak teeth and I need to  visit the dentist frequently for treatments

Rough estimates:

Cleaning: starts at BD20.
Extraction: Not sure.
Filling: Amalgam - reasonable. Around BD 20. Crowning: about BD100 and more
Root Canal: the full treatment, including a few sessions and filling would cost BD150 upwards.

In general, dental treatment is quite expensive here. There are dental clinics in all major hospitals. There are also specialized dental clinics. Each one had their own cost structure. I have used the dental clinics at both the Royal Bahrain Hospital and at the American Mission Hospital and can recommend both places.

Best wishes, hope your teeth problems get sorted out fast.

I called AMH when I thought I needed a tooth removing and they said BD20 luckily I didn't need it removed.

Call any of the surgery's to ask, they are very helpful

Following are the normal Expenses for the procedures
Cleaning: can cost BD25.
Root Canal: the full treatment, would cost BD140 or beyond.
Filling: Amalgam - BD 20 and Crowning will take about BD110 and more
These are just the approximate cost,you will get the exact cost at [link moderated]

I had a root canal operation in Seef Dental and I paid 250 BD for the operation. I could have done it slightly cheaper I think but it wouldn't be less than 200 BD at Seef Dental. I am very pleased with the results and they accept insurance so check your dental coverage if you have insurance in Bahrain. My insurance covered for up to 200 BD per year.

Expats in Bahrain have plenty of reasons to smile, considering the wide availability of dentists and dental facilities in the country that come with an international first-class reputation.

daniel_wyatt wrote:

Expats in Bahrain have plenty of reasons to smile, considering the wide availability of dentists and dental facilities in the country that come with an international first-class reputation.

You think so?? Personally l think the options here are very limited and very expensive in comparison to other countries in the region. My wife and l both have had far better treatment in the region and would single out the American Dental Centre in Muscat as particularly good, though also not cheap.

does the government health centres see patients in pain related to dental issues ??

How much for cleaning my toothteeth 1 piece only nd after cleaning pasta so dat the pain is stop

Cleaning won't help the pain. My guess is that you need a filling and worst case, root canal.  A filling could be anywhere from 20 to 40 BD.

Does anyone have experience of Shifa Budaiya dental clinic? I was looking for good option for root canal treatment..Cost wise reasonable and good quality