Is Divorce eternal ???

Hi Guys ,,,

I know most of you are unfamiliar with this experience .. But few may have come across this ache in life (DIVORCE)
Not necessarily on self may be a friend , colleague , relative or some1 close.

What do you feel is it eternal / never ending or not a BIG deal (just like a break up we had in college or early start days )

I have been through a break up in my life .. but this seems far worse

Thanks
Faisal

It's always painful, i did two marriages and few long relationships. I find when its finished it's finishes. Your heart will mend slowly. Then just when you good about yourself another one will track you down and it all starts again. You can't ever imagine being with someone else but it just comes along when you become a man again.. So good luck.

Been there done that. Came out the other side older, wiser and very broke. Overall the divorce did not unsettle me at all. I got on with life.

The only thing that is ETERNAL is death. (I don't believe in reincarnation obviously)

Divorce is far from eternal unless you want it to be that way. Life moves on, we get over the pain of divorce. It's probably much harder actually to recover from the financial side than the emotional.

Been there, done that, a couple of times.... now very broke, but happily married to a wonderful young Brazilian woman 37 years my junior and we have a beautiful son who will turn 7 years old next month. Couldn't be much happier than this if I tried.

Don't rush things, when you're ready you'll find out there's a whole new world out there just waiting for you.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, EB Experts Team

A temporary divorce seems kind of pointless.

Well Haley, you could try a few temporary divorces. But, I sure temporary marriages would be far more rewarding

Do you have children from the marriage? If you do, that can add a whole new dimension to the split.  If it's because she has found another or wants to 'find herself'...then let it go, don't bang your head against the wall trying to figure out what YOU did wrong to cause the split. Perhaps reflect on the relationship and see what you can learn from it, but do not blame yourself entirely.

Concentrate on the kids if there are any ;)

Succeed in your expat family project with advice from other expats

OR