Looking for a job opportunities in Jakarta!

Hello everybody!
I am 25 years old from Ukraine, my name is Artem.
I graduated from University of Management and Information Technologies with Master's degree in International Affairs Management.
Currently I live in Jakarta and look for job opportunities here.
I am mostly interested in:
1. Marketing and Business Development;
2. Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Project Management;
3. Machinery Engineering, Petroleum Manufacturing;
4. Teaching or Lecturing.

I was working as a Supply Chain Manager in machinery and petroleum companies, after became as a Assistant to Project Control Manager. Later by promotion I became Senior Marketing Manager in "Group of Companies Agrinol", where a worked last 4 years.

Also got 2 years experience as a Part-time Marketing and Strategic Management Teacher in University for Undergraduate Foundation Programme.

If there are any ideas, offers or advises please contact me.
Thank you all for your time!

Just one question for you.

Can an Indonesian do the job you're looking for?

If the answer is 'yes', you can't get a job.

I understand what are you talking about.
Given my related experience I would say that not much Indonesians can to do what I can. But at least I need a chance to show my skills. Companies here even scared to consider expats, it's very hard to get any reply from HR.

What you expect from the companies here....that they do reply to every single application??

See it like that, if you send your CV and it might be of interest they will get back to you.

Aside, hiring an expat is not that easy for any company, there are regulations to follow also it cost a lot of money for the company if they want to hire an expat. (KITAS/IMTA/DPKK) etc and likely a local can do the job what you apply for.

So if you don't mind asking, since when you are here and what you do for your living??

Thanks for info. I already know this kitchen, to hire expat company needs to provide Kitas ( $2500) + min salary $1000 per month+ housing allowance if needed.
I came here in the end of February to visit relatives and nieces. Then the situation in my country became unstable, and there was no way back, because 100 km away from my city it was already shooting.
So in April I decided to wait here and find a job, it would be great for me to get international experience.

The law is easy.
If an Indonesian can do the job, you can't have it.
The other thing is, foreigners are expensive, so why would a company want to pay you if they can hire a local?

Indeed the situation in your country is not good one can only hope things turn out fine very soon.

However as you added the amount of money already up, you see that a small or medium sized company will not be able to afford it.

You came here end of Feb, so at the moment you run on a Sosbud Visa??

It means you can not legally take up any work and earn money in here, how long can you survive without income??

Ever considered looking for a job elsewhere where it is easier for you to find something??

Yep, I'm on sosbud visa and I have no intentions to work with this visa, don't want to break the law.
So I can stay up here for 2-3 month more.
And "happytour" you're right about considering jobs elsewhere. I'm also looking for a job opportunities in other countries that are acceptable for expats, but paperwork could take from half a year till one year. Also I want to get degree in Mechanical Engineering, because I have experience but no diploma.

Artem, can you speak Russian?  If so, you might find some opportunities in Jakarta with a company requiring a "native" Russian speaker, but you should hook up with a good employment agency and get your CV spread around.

Two or three months is not a long time, so you need to get busy.

Ubudian wrote:

Artem, can you speak Russian?  If so, you might find some opportunities in Jakarta with a company requiring a "native" Russian speaker, but you should hook up with a good employment agency and get your CV spread around.

Two or three months is not a long time, so you need to get busy.

Yes, Russian (also Ukrainian) are my native languages. I will follow Your advice, Thanks a lot!!!

As Russia expands its business interests in the Asia SE Asia region, having those Russian language skills are a valuable asset, and for certain, there are a number of Petroleum/Gas related companies in Jakarta. 

With your educational credentials, work experience and Russian language skills you should be good to go for a job here as that mix would be hard to find within the Indonesian labor force.

Cheers, and good luck (and congratulations on your new President and signing that deal with the EU).

Ubudian wrote:

Cheers, and good luck (and congratulations on your new President and signing that deal with the EU).

I'm unsure congratulations are in order there. I suspect it'll cause a lot more trouble in the region.

"I'm unsure congratulations are in order there. I suspect it'll cause a lot more trouble in the region."

The people of Ukraine stood up, faced the great Bear eye to eye and declared their free will through a democratic process.  What's not to congratulate about that?

Ubudian wrote:

"I'm unsure congratulations are in order there. I suspect it'll cause a lot more trouble in the region."

The people of Ukraine stood up, faced the great Bear eye to eye and declared their free will through a democratic process.  What's not to congratulate about that?

The story is far more complex than that.
The good old US of A set up, or at least assisted in the coup that removed the democratically elected government of the country. Of course, not many outside the East of the line like to mention that, but CIA agents were arrested assisting the coup; their arrests are on youtube videos.
They totally ignored the referendum that allowed Crimea to become part of Russia and, to really mess things up, they were nabbed in a recording suggesting who the US were and were not going to allow in the new Ukrainian government.
The new election totally missed most of the people of Crimea, for a variety of reasons. Of course, the people that did get the chance to vote were mostly the EU looking ones, with the Russia looking ones left out as much as possible.
You then have to look at Russian gas sales to Europe, and American shale gas attempted sales to Europe. It's very much in America's interest to get the European gas supply cut off, and they may well succeed.
There's way more to that story than an election, a dodgy one at that.
Of course, that doesn't mean Russia is free from guilt, or any better than America in this conflict, just there is little reason to congratulate anyone.

Talking about those political deals makes no sense, because we don't know the whole truth. All we can do, just making suggestions about what is going on.
I would be happy if Ukrainian people sacrifices will worth it. Frankly speaking there are a lot of talks now but no deeds, and it only makes situation more complicated. My previous company has lost a big market share in Russia and Kazakhstan, transportation way lays through eastern Ukraine, so now there is no export those countries at all.
Better way to get out of this crisis on its own, but some institutions, from both sides of Ukraine, are interested to continue this crisis.

Uncle Fred!  You've been reading too many conspiracy theory blogs!   :lol:

Let's take Artem's good advice and let this discussion go for when we are face to face over a beer or something.  That way when you get my back hairs up, I can purify you with hops holy water and let my ferocious dog take over from there.   :D

W don't know the full situation in that region, but we do know governments are liars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL_GShyGv3o

That doesn't mean Russia is in the right here, they very probably sent those tanks and I'm pretty sure they're sticking their fat noses in as well.

The people of Ukraine are the losers here.

Hi,

I am currently looking for expat who would be interested to be involved in our operation as pioneer in direct mail order. Experience within 1-2 years and lived in Jakarta at least 6 months. You would get the opportunity to experience first hand how direct mail operates and oversee process of supply chain, warehousing, printing, assortment, as well as call center. Our office is in West Jakarta and constantly going our customer database throughout Indonesia.

Regards,
Lucky L. Nugraha

Moderated by kenjee 7 years ago
Reason : Thank you to drop your advert in the JOBS section of the site.