Expenses for young couple

My bf & I are hoping to stay in Nicaragua for a few months.  We don't know what area yet, although we want to stay in a hostel & preferably very close to the ocean.  We are young and would enjoy drinking every now and than - How much to alcoholic beverages usually cost?  How much to local restaurants cost ? Local food? I just wanna know how much money would be a good/safe amount per month to expect to pay for living for a few months?  (no need to mention emergency money/or cost of living per day in hostel)
Thank You !

Try this site to get an idea for costs www.numbeo.com

Las Penitas and Poneloya are probably less expensive that some of the other beach villages. Food is not really expensive, you can get rooms for $10 or $ 12 a night. Leon is 12 miles away and has a rather lively night life on Thur. and Fri. nights. Beer is probably a little less than a dollar a bottle. Rum is fairly cheap because it is made here. Clothes are cheap, transportation is cheap and life is kind of slow. Not many problems at all here but some minor theft. Just don't leave your stuff unattended and that will stop that.