Changing Social Visa Sponsor for my 1st visa extension in Surabaya

Dear All,

I would like to change my social visa sponsor from a current one to be my Indonesian friend  here (my visa will expire in mid of August) Can anyone give me advices as per the questions below?

1) Is it possible to change the sponsor in 1st visa extension in Indonesia?

2) What document do I need to provide for my visa extension here?

3) Can I do it by myself? (many people recommend me to go to the agent)

3.1) Any reliable agent to to recommended?

4) How long does the visa process in Surabaya take?

Thank you in advance for your kind answers :)

Wynne

Hi Wynne,

This is how your profile reads:

"Hello, There My name is Wynne, originally from Thailand but running the business in Indonesia for few years. Recently, I have moved to Bali for opening an Authentic Superior Thai Spa in Pecatu area. Now the project is still in progress and expected to operate in Aug. Thus, I would like to make new friends and extend my connection in Bali, please feel free to talk guys!! Cheers"

It seems pretty clear that you are working here, and in that event, a social visa is the wrong visa for you to be on in order to legally work in Bali.   

Can you clarify your situation?

Dear Ubudian,

According to your question, I am not permanently in live in Indonesia mostly travelling back and forth to visit my best friends. In my profile,  I did mention that I have been doing business in Indonesia for few years, in fact, I should have said that I have been doing business with Indonesians for few years as a buyer for some boutique shops to select items from Thailand. Normally, I can stay in Indonesia up to 30 days without visa but not this time. I applied the social visa which was sponsored by one of my prospect partner in order to visit them and see how things work before going to the next step (I believe it is legally to do that).

Unfortunately, things didn't turn out as we expected so that I decided not to be their partner and travelled back to stay with my best friend in Surabaya. Until now, I think you can see the situation clearer since it becomes dramas, I would like to change the sponsor for my social visa as I did mention on previous post. One more thing, I never mean to do things illegal here, just want to stay here longer for travelling and seeing opportunities. My primary intention is to get the right information to solve my case, I don't have experience in this kind of visa before. Hope I did answer your question. Any information relating to my case will be appreciated :)

Regards,

Wynne

For the business related activities you describe, you should be on a business visa.  A social/cultural visa, or a long stay visit visa do not allow for any work or business related activity while in Indonesia.  A business visa is much the same as a social visa (same timing and also requiring a sponsor), but it will allow for you to do business related activities here so long as you do not derive any direct income whilst in Indonesia.  If you are making money while in Indonesia you would need to set up a company or be employed and in either case have a KITAS visa and work permit. 

Just do a quick Google on the internet for visa agents in Surabaya, or Bali and contact a few to discuss your situation in more detail, and in private.   

Cheers and good luck!

Can I expect more specific advices? Anyone has similar experience, please ?

As a side note...a business visa you can only get if a company is sponsoring it, however even if you have one you can not legally work but in your case it might be OK as long you do not earn money.

As Roy is saying, you then will need a working KITAS.