Thank you, SoekarnoHatta International Airport

To the management and staff of the OIC office, terminal 2, SoekarnoHatta International airport.
Thank you to the immigration and security of that airport.
Thank you to the ladies on the arrival gate.

I will explain.
My 79 year old mum, who has absolutely no clue how to get through and airport, came to visit us.
The people at SoekarnoHatta were amazingly helpful to her, doing far more than their jobs, helping her more than anyone could have reasonably expected.

Thank you.

Refreshing to hear there are people like that in this world. I think it is to do with the Asian respect for elders. Would be hard pressed to get same treatment in western world.

mas fred wrote:

To the management and staff of the OIC office, terminal 2, SoekarnoHatta International airport.

I will explain.
My 79 year old mum, who has absolutely no clue how to get through and airport, came to visit us.
The people at SoekarnoHatta were amazingly helpful to her, doing far more than their jobs, helping her more than anyone could have reasonably expected.

Thank you.

Good to hear this Mas Fred! Did you make any prior arrangement or notice to the Airport Management in advance btw? Or was it just a spontaneous welcoming from them. Curious to know since I might have my old mother-in-law visiting us soon. Thanks.

My mother had the same treatment as Mas Freds. She was well looked after by the ground staff at the Airport both arriving and departing. My mum has been here twice now and has had fantastic treatment by staff at Jakarta and Bali airport from the staff there.
Belrusin, if your mother in law is planning to come here just have her ask for assistance at the airport and on the flight and she will be taken care of.

belrusin wrote:
mas fred wrote:

I will explain.

Thank you.

Good to hear this Mas Fred! Did you make any prior arrangement or notice to the Airport Management in advance btw? Or was it just a spontaneous welcoming from them. Curious to know since I might have my old mother-in-law visiting us soon. Thanks.

No advance notice at all. I just popped to the OIC's office, and they sorted everything out there and then.
This is the third year they've done this.

These people are great.

There were a pair old German ladies there as well. The staff assisted them in the same manner.

lukereg wrote:

My mother had the same treatment as Mas Freds. She was well looked after by the ground staff at the Airport both arriving and departing. My mum has been here twice now and has had fantastic treatment by staff at Jakarta and Bali airport from the staff there.
Belrusin, if your mother in law is planning to come here just have her ask for assistance at the airport and on the flight and she will be taken care of.

Thanks Luke. The only problem would be that she speak only Russian! :D

mas fred wrote:
belrusin wrote:
mas fred wrote:

I will explain.

Thank you.

No advance notice at all. I just popped to the OIC's office, and they sorted everything out there and then.
This is the third year they've done this.

These people are great.

Thanks for the reply, mas!

belrusin wrote:

Thanks Luke. The only problem would be that she speak only Russian! :D

The German ladies only spoke German- no worries.

A great story Fred!  Thanks for sharing it!