HEALTH, BAHAMIAN HOSPITALS AND MEDICINE

Hello,
i received many messages from people aroudn the world  asking to em about the bahamian health , hospitals and medicine over there.
WEll, i left Bahamas after  1 year and half and i want absolutely to warn the people that  medicne , hospitals and bahamian health  is very very very SHODDY.
I had more then one experience over there and  very often they let me wait in waiting room 14 hours or more  just for foolishness and  there were not lot people.
Very bad.
Even the doctors  often they misunderstand your problem and they prescribe wrong medicines  puttin in danger your health.
But this is not the only one problem of Bahamas.
Doesn't exist a perfect nation, a perfect country . But please atleast if i feel sick i want get cared properly . Life is one and we have to defend it in everyway.

iron-vegeta wrote:

Hello,
i received many messages from people aroudn the world  asking to em about the bahamian health , hospitals and medicine over there.
WEll, i left Bahamas after  1 year and half and I want absolutely to warn the people that  medicne , hospitals and bahamian health  is very very very SHODDY.
I had more then one experience over there and  very often they let me wait in waiting room 14 hours or more  just for foolishness and  there were not lot people.
Very bad.
Even the doctors  often they misunderstand your problem and they prescribe wrong medicines  puttin in danger your health.
But this is not the only one problem of Bahamas.
Doesn't exist a perfect nation, a perfect country . But please atleast if i feel sick i want get cared properly . Life is one and we have to defend it in everyway.

The WORST  island of Bahamas is Grand Bahama.

Hi iron-vegeta,

I am sorry about your bad experience in Bahamas. Were you there for work? Or did you went there to start a project?

Do you have some positive experiences to share with us about Bahamas?

Thank you very much,
Christine

Hey Christine how are you?

Yes, Bahamas has some positive sides too.
But even  the positives sides are connected to bad sides.
Example: In the bahamas there are not taxs , but the life is so damn and unfair expensive.
Most things , goods , bahamina people buy it on internet  in the USA and when the goods get bahamian custom they pay lot and lot money, and if u want to  buy a car in the USA  bahamina custom can charge you 85 % on the original price of the car. Its like you buy the same car two times.
I can  to continue till tomorrow.
About good sides ??
I consider the real Bahamas only the island of New Providence.
They have wonderfull sea and beaches.
Bahamian food its good.
Bahamian people its nice and gentil but often  some of theme are gentil  with you just for interests.
If u are a foreigner well becarefull when you go to buy something  coz they rise up the price just because u are a foregner and often bahamina dont put the price on their products, i mean in supermarket , etc...
Another good side of Bahamas : If we compare Bahamas with others caribbean countries , Bahamas is pretty quite, i mean , crime level is very low. This aspect is very important.
Personally , on my own experiences i would not consider to make a life in the Bahamas.Bahamas its not for to live. Thats why i left after one year and half. Yes there are more bad sides then positive sides.

pleas sir/madam
i was told that i pass the interview after applying for a nurse job via Skype
please do you have any idea about how much nurses earn in Govt hospital Bahamas

NO I dont know how much they earns. I only know they pay more  to the foregners then bahamians. But finally probably not too much if you consider that live in the bahamas  is so unfair and unbelievable expensive in everything .I left bahamas after one year and half  and thanks God.

ok dearie..
thanks for your Information.
so how are you? and how is the country you are currently living at?

up to date since 2017 the tax has been established even in the Bahamas unfortunately and the tax it got higher-- Bahamas is taxed on everything now 12% tax on absolutely everything- and please be aware at the restaurant the tip is included on your bill on top of the Tax -and yes, it is ridiculous expensive, it is not a vacation or a retiree on budget kind of country- and the deeper in the islands like exuma , abaco, staniel cay etc, the prices are even higher then in the capital- Nassau- all food is imported so all is transported to the islands by ferries- so the price goes up and up and up the further the island...anyway, the islands are beautiful, but just wanted to add the tax issue-as an up to date and confirming the price is on very high scale on everything.

Work permit or residency is necessary before moving, as it is tough to get it while in the Bahamas.

Rent is expensive, food is expensive and it is required one month in advance in rent- plus all the utilities extra and electricity bill is extremely expensive in Bahamas 900 USD a month and up so be aware when signing a lease- and I suggest gated communities if you decide on rent.

The medical system is so bad that even Bahamians are going to Cuba for surgeries or issues that need to be addressed that are not require ER of course. Be prepared Bahamas is a third world country in many ways as beautiful as the waters and the islands are and it is a beautiful country with not all bad or all good as everywhere, so have medical coverage if you plan traveling anywhere bottom line. Medically they can save your life we had cases that someone broke her arm and yes she got full attention at the hospital but she had travel coverage, vs we know someone that needed a shoulder surgery and he was quoted 60,000 USD with not coverage or as a Bahamian that has no health plan.