Solder

Does anyone know a reliable store/electronic shop where i can get my speaker wire 3.5mm connection solder?

Thank You

try the shops around callemette and seura? streets,they have rosin core and acid free

Check nearby electrical stores not electronics  :)

You can go to Nhật Tảo market, district 10, HCMC

Thank You/Gracias  :dumbom:

You should get yourself down to LY TRUONG KIET @ NHAT TAO STREETS in Quan 10.

As usual, competing shops are close together.

OPPOSITE NHAT TAO Street, on LY TRUONG KIET (West side) there is a store SON TU. They specialize in LEDs and AUDIO but carry many other components such as resistors, capacitors, pots, connectors, etc. (TU speaks fluent English)

On the East side of LY TRUONG KIET, there is another strip of stores. The second one from the end (158B Ly Truong Kiet) has an even better selection of components. The end store has cables, etc, outside. On the other side of the electronics store is an audio store.

This store DOES NOT speak English.

What I do is to set up a grid in Word then put quantity in Column 1; Value in Column 2; Vietnamese component name in Column 4; a picture of what you want in Column 5. I use Google Translate for the Vietnamese words and Google to search for component pictures.

For tools (thermal controlled soldering iron, etc) I go to a strip of stores on the FIRST STREET running south off Nhat Tao over the first intersection.

If you PM me your e-mail address I will send you a small map. (Two days for resp[onse)

NHAT TAO Street is the 'electronics market'.

I have three operations manufacturing electronic items here in TP HCM and know many more locations. I also get my PCBs manufactured here - if you are in to that..

Now other members can relax  :)
It's a good news to all our members that the expert veteran (Jaitch-BMT) came back!!
Welcome back! :one

Thanks.

I get a paid sabbatical from my company every four years - and I had six months left over from the last one.

The sabbatical terms include NOT doing what I usually do, and minimal electronics!

:)